Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-13-2024, 06:49 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Do you understand he isn't leaving? At least not this year. I have no problem tagging Higgins. 

My beef is the total lack of activity in the trenches and sitting on $50 mil of cap space. And no renegotiations to add more space (OBJ). And not getting the idea that having a TE who can block AND catch is a good idea.

If we were cash strapped, our moves would make sense. Good bargain on Stone. Allows the Scott cut. But for a contender with 2 more years of Hendrickson trying to win a SB? Barf. 

We have paid out more for backups/fringe starters (Sample, ADG, Moss, Ford, T. Williams, Gesicki) than for clear starters (Stone). Even if you call Gesicki or Moss starters (they were both backups last year), it still is true. Close to true if you count them both. 

We saved $8.5 mil vs the cap by cutting Mixon & Scott. Stone + Moss count $9 mil vs the cap this year. It is nearly a wash, cap wise. 

The only moves we have made that actually dent our cap are for backups: Gesicki at $2.5, Sample $4.9, ADG $3, Ford $1.35, TWill vet min? 

All the while we have lots of space and glaring holes at DT/NT, RT, WR3, CB4, and TE1. And a desperate need for interior pass rush. Again, I didn't expect ALL those holes filled in FA. But I don't think ONE, with $50 mil to spend, is asking too much. Two? 

Again, it isn't over yet. But I do not want to hear any more Hobson articles on how Volson is gonna be a pro-bowl G or Zach Carter looking really good.

I've watched you for months now, putting great energy into keeping track of the roster, the cap, and expressing your thoughts on potential moves ahead.  Some of those moves aligned with what you had forecasted, others have not so far.  I guess what I'm saying is that the game isn't over yet.  Even if the team doesn't do things the way you had them (very well) logically thought out, does not mean that they didn't intend for them to go that direction.  I trust that the Front Office won't overpay for a player that was not retained by the organization that originally selected him.  They will put together the best roster that they feel improves the team.  Don't forget that a "collection of talent, does not equal a "team".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - SunsetBengal - 03-13-2024, 08:34 PM