Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-13-2024, 08:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've watched you for months now, putting great energy into keeping track of the roster, the cap, and expressing your thoughts on potential moves ahead.  Some of those moves aligned with what you had forecasted, others have not so far.  I guess what I'm saying is that the game isn't over yet.  Even if the team doesn't do things the way you had them (very well) logically thought out, does not mean that they didn't intend for them to go that direction.  I trust that the Front Office won't overpay for a player that was not retained by the organization that originally selected him.  They will put together the best roster that they feel improves the team.  Don't forget that a "collection of talent, does not equal a "team".

I know it is early days still. And there are legit FAs still out there that would help us. Reader, Armstead, Jones, Fuller. But the list is getting shorter. 

And, it does not have to be the way I thought/hoped it would go. I thought we'd tag  Tee, sign Reader, take an OT #18, and sign a vet S, cut Scott, and make a play for 1 more significant FA (DT, bridge OT, TE, CB4, RB, IOL). 

We tagged Tee, OT at #18 looks more likely by the minute, we got the vet S, we cut Scott. 

But of the guys we have signed/tagged/tendered, most were backups last year. That is a fact. I did not have that on my bingo card. 

Starters: Higgins, Stone, Adomitis. 

Reserves: Moss, Gesicki, Browning, D. Sample, ADG, T. Williams, Ford. 

If we didn't want to pay Reader, then pay a CB. Or at DT/3T. Or a RT. Or a TE. Or a G. Something. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-13-2024, 08:54 PM