Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-14-2024, 04:40 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm suspicious of the situation. Becton has stated he wants nothing to do with RT, as he has to plant on his bad knee. With genius Pollack at the helm, I can see him plugging Becton into LG and returning Volson to his college position of RT.
Lord help us.

I'm also suspicious of an Eli Apple return, so what do I know.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

I'm more alarmed that we are talking about how we are game planning playing a guy with a bad knee.  For all the measurable, length and familiarity with the OL coach, give me a little lesser player that doesn't have a bad knee.  

The contract talks are a bigger issue.  We talk about his sacks and penalties, and for all his potential he sounds more like a 3rd wave flyer than what the optics look like..a recovery from losing Jonah.  Maybe I'm wrong, but in contrast they targeted Geno Stone as a specific need to address and got him on a good contract, that's aggressive to me.  Maybe the OT market had to come to them, but this looks at least as specifically reactive to letting Jonah "find his value" on the open market and then come back with a counter.  The solid bridge tackles are drying up, but there are still a few options out there.  I guess I don't want them to give him 2yr/25M if I can get Brown or Smith for 1yr/9M if we get into the next phase where FAs lower their expectations to bet on themselves to showcase.  I hope I'm wrong here and they end up with a reasonable deal or stick to their guns with a lower offer.  I've been saying trades are options but even fringe OTs may command a 4th in trade.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - phil413 - 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM