Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-14-2024, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Our medical staff, FO and coaches know more than we all do about DJ's quad injury and around how early he will be able to play if ever.

I will trust them on this, but if DJ goes to the Lions and is playing and playing decent by mid season I think it would be a mistake to not
at least match what the Lions give him unless it is astronomical. 

This has been my point the whole time. We have gotten some excellent value with Gesicki, Stone, & Bell. Decent value with Moss. And we were willing to overpay a bit for Rankins (who had half his sacks vs Volson and stinks vs the run). And for Sample ($4.9 mil) and ADG ($3 mil). 

But we have some imaginary line in the sand on Reader? Pay the elite guy. Save $3-$5 mil elsewhere. Restructure someone (OBJ, Burrow). It isn't complicated. 

We seem to want to "win" every transaction instead of viewing it wholistically. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-14-2024, 03:17 PM