Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-14-2024, 03:36 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: If no true NT is obtained, what's to say we can't get by, or even be better, with a rotation of sorts within the two DT spots with what we have rostered + an early round rookie? We still have Davis and Bell? I know they are PS players but Davis LOOKS the part, he is a massive man, but I'm not sure on Bell. Didn't he have some quality snaps for someone before getting cut and we put in a waiver claim? It may not be ideal, but maybe Lou  run-blitzes a LB more this season to nullify the double team at the LoS? I'm just spit balling here.

I'd liken it to the same effect having bad communication impacted the LBs in coverage.  The lack of drawing attention/double team/chip that Reader was able to to draw will trickle down to the LBs.  Planning for Lou to blitz the LBs more is like Burrow having to plan to throw quicker because he has to.  You want the right tool, even if we aren't getting back what Reader did for us.  Tart doesn't have the size but if they think he has the leverage to play NT as he has in the past then it's better than not having a NT at all.  You likely will see them playing without a true NT more on "passing downs".  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - phil413 - 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM