Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-15-2024, 02:48 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Dolphins are still over the Cap, they had no chance to resign him.

But yes, I’m saying I’d rather have Wilkins than all those players. However it wouldn’t even had to have been either or. We still have what, 20M left?

My point more so was, we signed all these cheap players that won’t make the same impact as 1 starting DT who is a force.

We have 10 draft picks? We can fill the roster with those picks. If SB is our goal, especially considering were basically renting Tee for 1 year, we need impact players, not a 3M TE on a 1 year deal, or a 4th safety, or a special teams linebacker. My main complaint is roster management. We’re managing the cap just fine, but I don’t think we’re gearing up for a 1-2 year SB window. Feels like we’re trying to just be competitive again. In which case, do we need a WR for 1 year only at 21M? Either sign him or trade him, at this point. If we went all in, then the franchise tag makes sense. It just seems like we don’t have direction.

But I get it. I’m sure the front office feels with a healthy Burrow, next year will be better. Which it will, no doubt. But making a SB is extremely difficult and you have to build an all star team. Right now we have 4 all stars. Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Hendrickson. I don’t believe that’s enough. I’d rather have 2 more all stars and less “fill the room” guys.

Bro, outside of the players you listed… the SB roster wasn’t much, if any better. Sure we have downgraded in spots but our OL has brought in Brown, Karras and Cappa.

The chiefs last year had mahomes, jones and kelce. Without looking it up, who caught the GW Super Bowl TD?

Each of the last two years, the “all star teams” fell to a balanced team with the best QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalbug - 03-15-2024, 02:56 PM