Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-16-2024, 11:25 AM)phil413 Wrote: Good question, if the unthinkable happened and Bowers was there or they realy love Newton (even being a 3T) then yes you have to go T with the next pick.  So much so that you shop your own 3rd or a little more to get back to the 1st probably for Guyton or hopefully Mims.  They have the picks to make a deal.  They need a future cog at OT and DT so in a Bowers/Mims scenario I'd consider another trade maybe the comp pick 3rd for another DL that can produce now.  You want to draft well and even grab value at corner with the deep class, but FA really set them up where you still need to go to war with more trench pieces. 
See that's what I was thinking as well. It's been a rare sighting for the Bengals to trade back up into the first, but they have the picks to do so. They could also package their first and a third to move up from their current pick and go get the guy they want instead of waiting to see where the OT chips start to fall. I'd prefer them to be proactive and go that route, honestly. That still leaves them their second round pick and either their third or the comp third. So a NT could still be on the board there.
I guess that's why I'm not so down on this FA period as most. They have the picks to move around to get guys they want in the draft. Now, if they don't use this plethora of picks to do so, we miss out on a REALLY good player or two, and end up with 3+ extra picks that don't make the roster after preseason, I will for sure see this FA peroid as a big ole fail.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - The D.O.Z. - 03-16-2024, 12:31 PM