Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-20-2024, 02:20 AM)puddycat Wrote: and we're done..
I don't see the Bengals doubling up in FA at any position. They've done so on the OL out of desperation in the past, but they hate doing so. This doesn't completely preclude it due to injury or need as cuts happen heading into the season.
I'm hoping the help in the secondary allows the LBs to spend more attention to the run. Otherwise, I expect a lot of 3rd and short and our improved pass rush won't matter. I also expect Murphy to spend more early downs playing as I already think he's better than Hendrickson against the run. We still need another CB and DT in the rotation.
On offense, I hope the OL is better, but I'm not seeing it. Boyd was also a 3rd down machine and the TEs and whoever the 3rd receiver is will need to pick up the slack. I have to admit that I'm not expecting more from the running game given our OL, but I'm willing to be surprised.
The Bengals clearly continue to focus on the Chiefs, Bills, and Dolphins instead of competing in our own division. Because of this, right now I don't see us winning our division.
On to the draft...

Meh. Since 2021 Bengals have won more playoff games than the rest of the afc north combined. Competing and winning your division is the first goal of every season . That said, it seems like we match up better against elite teams outside of our division.

With a healthy 9, we compete just fine anywhere anytime.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Bengalbug - 03-20-2024, 07:57 AM