Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-20-2024, 07:57 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Meh.  Since 2021 Bengals have won more playoff games than the rest of the afc north combined. Competing and winning your division is the first goal of every season . That said, it seems like we match up better against elite teams outside of our division.

With a healthy 9, we compete just fine anywhere anytime.

Yep, I see us coming back with a vengeance in our Division this year with a healthy Burrow, an aggressive OL and a better run 
stopping Defense. When you looked at our team last year with a healthy Burrow we were a top team and even with our backup
we were competitive. We get better at blocking for Burrow which we should with the additions of Trent Brown and Zack Moss 
and better at running the ball and it will keep our Defense fresh and aggressive.

(03-20-2024, 11:43 AM)Joelist Wrote: We did do good. 

Sometimes I think some of our people did not watch the games. The defense was not blown off the line last season; the issue was explosive plays and the cause was mental mistakes emanating from the secondary being out of position all the time and taking bad angles. Stone and Bell directly speak to that issue which got so bad it affected Wilson and Pratt who could not trust from one play to the next that the secondary would be correctly aligned. 

This Free Agency they were obviously targeting areas in the teams game that were deficient last season. Also remember they are envisioning changing the offense to something a bit less OL unfriendly - they started this last season. Moss and Gesicki support this and Brown also fits well into it. 

Think so as well. Also I might add that Gesicki has never played with a QB of Burrow's quality and he said so himself and this 
guy had a 1,000 yard season once. I know some gave me crap saying we haven't had a TE like this since Eifert, but I stand by
this. This guy is a natural Receiver who is a great route runner for a TE. Gesicki in the Slot could be very dangerous.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-20-2024, 02:30 PM