Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-28-2024, 01:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, Ravens draft and develop players very well. The question becomes is due to cap constraints can they be better in 2024 losing 8 starters. I actually count 8 starters lost and one replaced.

Edwards - RB
Simpson - G
Zeitler - Guard
Moses - RT
Queen - LB
Stone - safety
Beckham - WR
Clowney - DE

Gain of Henry, also as of now Dobbins is not signed, but injuries have derailed him

Stone was not a true starter for them. Their FS, Marcus Williams missed 8 games or so and Stone got those starts, and then played in 3 safety packages, granted they did play 3 safety looks a lot. While Odell is a big name, if you look at his snap counts, he was really the WR #4 for them in terms of game reps. Flowers, Bateman, and Agholor all played more than him. Certainly some losses but I really think the only players that will be more of a challenge to replace are:

Queen, Clowney, Zeitler, and Moses. 

They drafted Queen's replacement last year and he played well in his 1 start last year, but you obviously never know like we've seen w/ Dax. 
They drafted the good guard prospect Vorhees, the guy that tore his ACL at the combine late in the 2023 draft and stashed him all year with plan to have him replace one of their guards. Simpson is an average guard at best, so if he can be a decent player it's a wash.

Clowney , Zeitler, Moses are the spots when I look at their roster/recent moves that Im not sure what their plan is. Ojabo has 2 sacks in 5 career games....but has also only played 5 games in 2 years with achilles & ACL injuries so I doubt they are banking on him to step up.

However, at this time last year, and even into training camp, if you looked at their OLBs you would have said it was a weakness after losing JPP & Justin Houston. I think they signed Clowney in August and Van Noy in September and they both had 9 sacks.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Lucius Cincinnatus - 03-28-2024, 04:24 PM