Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(04-15-2024, 08:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really man? Devonta Smith hasn't been injured, was a high 1st round pick whose completely lived up to that draft status, and is much like Jamarr Chase in the aspect of being "hard to kill" because of their exceptional movement abilities.  For the most part Tee Higgins works the boundary and is good at making contested catches.  As already mentioned, Smith wins the percentage of snaps played comparison by a landslide.  Smith is a far superior player and athlete and he got an extension valued at $25M/per.  According to a head to head comparison, I'd say that Higgins is worth 75-80% of that amount right now.  He and his agent likely see it differently.

I agree with a lot of your posts but have to contest Smith's contract. I gave my estimated salary and cap hits in an earlier post in this thread.

Smith got a 3 year extension averaging 25 million a year is true. But you and others are dismissing his 2024 and 2025 contract which are 6.5 million and 16 million respectively. 

He comes in at 97.5 million over 5 years with 51 million guaranteed. So less than 20 million a year. 

I don't disagree he deserves more than Tee due to Tee's injury history. 

My hunch is Bengals are offering Tee 18 to 19 million a year and the Tee camp says forget, I will play one year for 22 million. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 04-16-2024, 12:05 AM