Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Higgins comments
Information 
Quote:"I do anticipate it," Higgins said, according to video posted by WXIX-TV. "I've grown a love for Cincinnati that I didn't think I would. [I'm] looking forward to it."

Article

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39942611/tagged-wr-tee-higgins-anticipates-playing-bengals-2024

Video

https://x.com/char_cliff/status/1779577100082536597

I don't see anyone making a serious offer to us. Of course it could always change. Interesting comments though.

Tiger
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It was always EXTREMELY unlikely he was going anywhere this year.

Another tag next year is around even money unless we somehow swing a Jefferson deal.
Reply/Quote
Hope Tee has his best year as a pro if he sticks around. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 05:38 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: It was always EXTREMELY unlikely he was going anywhere this year.

Another tag next year is around even money unless we somehow swing a Jefferson deal.

A Jefferson deal? Man, I don't think we could afford that. I could be wrong, but every post I've ever seen that says a player would take less to win a SB has been incorrect. Not sure we can afford that kind of talent. It would be fun to watch tho. I will say that.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 04:48 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Article

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39942611/tagged-wr-tee-higgins-anticipates-playing-bengals-2024

Video

I don't see anyone making a serious offer to us. Of course it could always change. Interesting comments though.

Tiger

Tee asked for a trade and the team said go pursue it. I have not seen Joe Burrow or Zak say they did not want Tee in 2024. Maybe, no trade because the Bengals feel we have a Super Bowl roster with Tee and a good draft (10 picks)
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 06:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Tee asked for a trade and the team said go pursue it. I have not seen Joe Burrow or Zak say they did not want Tee in 2024. Maybe, no trade because the Bengals feel we have a Super Bowl roster with Tee and a good draft (10 picks)

Never saw that.

In my mind that is always a bad idea to tell a tagged player.  The player can get angry if they find someone willing to make an offer that the team won't accept.
Reply/Quote
I like his apparent commitment to the team and city but he could just be playing it smart to drive up the price and increase his value.

I hope he's dedicated to the team and to playing hard and having a big year because, with our improved offensive line, I have faith that we can have a top offense in the league, especially if we draft one of the dangerous tight ends in this draft.
Reply/Quote
I think there is an outside chance he gets traded on draft day especially if the Bengals draft a WR they like in the first.
Patriots, Cardinals, Commanders, Chiefs, Bills, and Panthers all make sense.

The problem I have with the FO is if they do trade him, who are they going to sign or trade to at a 21 million dollar salary?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 06:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: A Jefferson deal? Man, I don't think we could afford that. I could be wrong, but every post I've ever seen that says a player would take less to win a SB has been incorrect. Not sure we can afford that kind of talent. It would be fun to watch tho. I will say that.

I mean, if he does not re-up with the Vikes, we should certainly pursue it. I admit it is unlikely.

The cap will go up again. We can restructure Burrow to save close to $20 mil. Tee's $22 mil would come off the books in this scenario. 

From a room perspective, a small haircut from Joe, Chase, & JJ could make it happen.

The mechanics of getting him out of Minny will be harder. They can just tag him.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 07:21 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I mean, if he does not re-up with the Vikes, we should certainly pursue it. I admit it is unlikely.

The cap will go up again. We can restructure Burrow to save close to $20 mil. Tee's $22 mil would come off the books in this scenario. 

From a room perspective, a small haircut from Joe, Chase, & JJ could make it happen.

The mechanics of getting him out of Minny will be harder. They can just tag him.

Sounds enticing. Would love to see it.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 06:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: A Jefferson deal? Man, I don't think we could afford that. I could be wrong, but every post I've ever seen that says a player would take less to win a SB has been incorrect. Not sure we can afford that kind of talent. It would be fun to watch tho. I will say that.

If Jefferson comes here, it won't be because he's chasing a ring. There are a lot of places he can do that. His statements about watching Burrow and Chase still playing together and being jealous that they have been able to stay close and do that makes me think he might be willing to take less and play with his good friends. 
Reply/Quote
Sounded like a pretty vague answer to me, at least. You can read anything into it. "He ANTICIPATES playing for the Bengals in 2024" That isn't an affirmative yes. Maybe he realizes, shooting your mouth off about wanting a trade wasn't the brightest thing. There could also be something in the works on draft night but who knows. If he truly wants to be here, sign the tag offer then.
Reply/Quote
Yep just seems like a stock standard answer to me as well.
Reply/Quote
I want a trade!

No wait, I love Cincinnati... Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 07:21 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I mean, if he does not re-up with the Vikes, we should certainly pursue it. I admit it is unlikely.

They can tag him, and the bengals can sign him to an offer sheet and surrender 2 firsts. It doesn’t seem outlandish to give up two firsts for a player of Jefferson’s caliber.
Reply/Quote
"Looking forward to it", isn't necessary for a "stock / canned" answer. A key olive branch extended showing he genuinely wants to play with his boys.

It's good to hear, about time to officially move on from the trade Tee talk.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 04:48 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Article

Video

Tiger

at this point if a trade is coming its on Draft day
Reply/Quote
Tagging a player concerns me because it leads to the inevitable variable that's hard to account for: human feelings. I worry a player might be too disgruntled all year to perform at their best, quickly be willing to not play with an injury, or receive advice to not go all in from their agent.

Tee's comments give me hope that my concerns are invalid. I hope Tee goes out, kicks ass, and earns a sizeable and long term contract.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2024, 07:21 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I mean, if he does not re-up with the Vikes, we should certainly pursue it. I admit it is unlikely.

Yeah, that's the issue. Jefferson doesn't really have any control. He won't hit FA because the Vikings won't allow it. They have no reason to. It'll take a trade to get him which will probably cost in the realm of two first round picks (at least) and then handling his $35MM APY contract that he is going to get. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 10:07 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Tagging a player concerns me because it leads to the inevitable variable that's hard to account for: human feelings. I worry a player might be too disgruntled all year to perform at their best, quickly be willing to not play with an injury, or receive advice to not go all in from their agent.

You have a valid concern, but I would like to believe a professional athlete, who's name is his brand, would not fall into such childish behavior. But, it has happened before around the league so yes, it's possible. It's also possible Zac would not put up with that behavior and keep his locker room by cutting him if that happened.

Reply/Quote