Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dalton & McCarron are in a very awkward situation
(01-06-2016, 06:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This thread is exactly how some fans (mostly folks clamoring for a non-Dalton QB) will view things, but the Bengals view Dalton as the franchise...for good reason.

On one hand, you have a QB who has been at the helm for 50 wins in 5 seasons, the best run in the team's 48 year history. He's set franchise season records for yards, TDs and passer rating. He's coming off his best season where he was considered an MVP candidate up to the point he went down.

On the other hand, you have a 5th rounder who was drafted purely to be a backup. 3 starts under his belt. He's minimized turnovers and manages games well, but the offense has clearly taken a hit with him in.

The only reason we have these discussions is Dalton's performance in playoffs and prime time. For that, I'll just say this:

Marvin with Dalton: 4-9 in prime time, 0-4 in the playoffs.
Marvin with other QBs: 4-10 in prime time, 0-2 in the playoffs.

Dalton had a fantastic game against the Cards this year. The defense gave up 28 points in the 3rd quarter. Was Dalton to blame for that L? Fact is, the prime time/playoff problems go way back, and were viewed as a Marvin problem until recently. I look back on 13 years with Marv and I struggle to think of any players that consistently showed up - at all - in the bright lights. Carson? Nope. Chad? Transparent. AJ? Covered. Gio? Nowhere to be found. Geno Atkins? Just a guy.

Dalton is just another in a long line of players who disappeared. If Marv ever figures out a way to get this team prepared, I have no doubt that Andy can get the playoff monkey off his back.

When did prime time ever become a stat in wins and losses.. this drives me crazy... it matters shit if you win at 1,4 or 8 oclock

I understand playoff performance since you are at least in the playoffs and there is more of a focus on win you keep going and lose you are done.  at same time we should count games that actually lead to making the playoffs or being knocked out of them in regular season with higher importance if you are just going to look at prime-time games
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton & McCarron are in a very awkward situation - Essex Johnson - 01-06-2016, 06:56 PM