Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Free Agents do you Want to Retain
My order would be:

1.) Iloka - he has the size, speed, and experience to be a special defensive player. Not to mention he will only be 26 to start the next season. I think you got to sign him at this point.

2.) Marvin Jones - I think a lot of the difference we saw in the offense this year can be attributed to Andy's improvement, but also having Jones and Eifert in the mix were huge in helping our offensive performances. I think you gotta bring him back to help take coverage off of AJ and Eifert.

3.) Adam Jones - I know he screwed up big time in the playoff game, but I cannot see us performing nearly to the level we did this year without him. I think Dre and Dennard still need more experience before we can consider them #1 CBs. Also, Pacman did a lot to help win games this year. I remember vividly the Seattle game where it looked bleak and then Pacman fired up the defense to help create some stops and then had two good returns (even if one was called back). I think you have to bring him back if you want the defense to perform like it did this year. He is an emotional leader of the defense and I think after the playoff fiasco(s), he may be better about negative emotions as well.

4.) Vinnie Rey - he is a solid performer on both defense and special teams. I think he is also a good example and leader for our younger players too. Not to mention we will need an experienced LB in there for the games Burfict will be suspended for to start the season.

The rest depends on who we draft and have the ability to sign. I would not overpay for any of the other guys because I believe we have the depth to fill their positions.

I would try to bring back Nelson for 2 or 3 years on incentive laden contract. He is a veteran and a lot has been made about his legal hit on Owen Daniels. Might still make some good press in light of our "dirty" reputation on the league. We can say that Burfict is working with him to be smarter about laying people out or something haha

I would also consider bringing back Thompson. His injury likely makes him somewhat cheap and he is younger and experienced in our system.

But guys I would be against bringing back:

Tate - probably the most frustrating Bengal this season. Literally, you could get up early for the commercial break on punts and kickoffs because if he was in, then you knew nothing would happen. He had that one catch this season and that's it. Please just draft a return man or sign Jacoby Jones, I don't care, just get Tate out of here.

Hall - I hate to see him go because he has been a solid longtime Bengal, but the injuries and age are slowing him down. I think it is time to let Dennard or Lewis-Harris take over.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Free Agents do you Want to Retain - CincyWestside - 01-15-2016, 01:13 PM