Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin Jones Denies Claim That He Wants 7 Million
(02-12-2016, 12:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Looking at guys like Gresh, Warrick and Chad etc, you have a point there.

Guys like Caldwell and Simpson just weren't as good as people thought though. It's not like they flopped elsewhere due to age or injury.

I'm not saying MLJ in on par with those two, but I don't think he's going to go elsewhere and become an 80-1200-10 guy. I think he is what he is. An okay #2. We missed him in 2014, but I think that was more due to the lack of quality targets elsewhere than MLJ being a great player.

I hear ya, I just feel like the Bengals' offense has been a who's who of starters who leave here and then immediate do nothing.

Cedric Benson (maybe more of an injury thing, but he was gone after a few weeks in Green Bay)
Jordan Shipley (another injury bug, mostly)
Chad (could be age, but he from #1 WR to bench overnight)
TO (from our #2 WR to jobless)
Jermaine Gresham
Jerome Simpson
Armonhammer Binns
Ryan Whalen (wasn't a starter, but no one else ever tried to use him)
Bernard Scott
The Lawfirm
Dan Sanzenbacher
Greg Little

I realize I'm reaching on some of these, and some of these guys weren't the backbone of our offense, but we seem to be a "last stop" for a lot of players.  We either start them, or try to work them in beyond their capabilities and once they're out of Cincy, that's it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Jones Denies Claim That He Wants 7 Million - Nately120 - 02-12-2016, 01:40 PM