Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin Jones Denies Claim That He Wants 7 Million
I can accept whatever decision the team comes to with respect for Marvin Jones.

On one hand, I like having him on the team and have no problem with them giving him high-end number 2 money to stay. Hell, I'll even admit it: my primary reason for wanting him back is to avoid putting the team in a scenario where they almost have to draft a receiver in the first two rounds. That's a shit situation IMO, as this defense needs to be addressed. The d-line needs help, particularly on the interior and the LB corps needs a 3 down player.

On the other hand, maybe an early rookie isn't that huge of a drop off from Marvin. Maybe a young player can thrive early in his career when he's playing in an offense with Green and Eifert.

Again, my reasons for letting him go don't directly pertain to Marvin. IMO keeping the secondary strong is a massive priority. This team is in a world of shit if they lose both Adam Jones and one of the safeties. Considering the offense that our primary rival is currently fielding, cutting corners in that position group isn't an option. If they need to sacrifice a 3rd option in the offense to keep some of these DBs, then so be it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Jones Denies Claim That He Wants 7 Million - samhain - 02-12-2016, 04:05 PM