Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin Jones Denies Claim That He Wants 7 Million
(02-13-2016, 02:47 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: To be fair, Decker played on the #1 scoring offense of all time. In that time frame, that offense threw 92 passing touchdowns in two seasons. Two.

It took Andy Dalton 4 seasons to get to that number.

Throw in the fact that Decker played in 62 games. Whereas Marvin Jones has only played in 43.

So not only did Decker benefit from the greatest passing offense of all time, but he's played in almost 20 more games than Jones.

Jones hasn't played in 4 NFL seasons. He's played in 3. Those stats are misleading. I fully believe that Jones could put up those stats (87/1,288/11)

So your argument is that because an offense was wildly successful with Decker in it, and because Decker has been healthy, we should hold that against him for some reason?

I'm pretty sure both of the things you are trying to make into reasons why Decker isn't better than Jones is exactly WHY Decker is better than Jones. Lol.. I want my WR to put up big numbers, help an offense be very successful, and play in lots of games. Yes please. He "benefited" from it by being a very productive part of it.. then he went to the Jets and put up as good of a season as anyone ever will with Geno Smith as their QB, and then a very good season with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB. He sure didn't benefit from those two.

I am fairly confident in saying Marvin Jones will never be a 87/1,288/11 player. Enough so that I would be willing to make my first sig bet ever on it that he will never reach 80/1,200/10 in a season.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Jones Denies Claim That He Wants 7 Million - TheLeonardLeap - 02-14-2016, 08:10 AM