Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina House Passes Bill Voiding All Local LGBT Nondiscrimination Ordinances
(04-01-2016, 07:10 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'm sure it was the "mom and pop" lobbyists that pushed them to slyly insert minimum wage language the bill too.  Come on man, you know better than that.  

Unless you're in a small town, in a really rural area, it really is hard to find a job that pays the actual "minimum" wage.  Heck, I live in a small town, 15 minutes from Raleigh, and from what I understand, even the fast food joints here start a little above minimum.  However, forcing a mandatory high number for minimal skill work, like $15/hr. is just too much for many of the locally owned businesses to withstand.  Have you spent any actual time in NC?  Most every town that I encounter has a revitalized and thriving "downtown" district, that is packed with eateries and little niche businesses.  Would be a horrible thing for those type of places to have to close shop, and all of those jobs be done away with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Carolina House Passes Bill Voiding All Local LGBT Nondiscrimination Ordinances - SunsetBengal - 04-01-2016, 09:14 PM