Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina House Passes Bill Voiding All Local LGBT Nondiscrimination Ordinances
(04-27-2016, 11:57 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm pretty sure the bills were designed to keep people safe from PREDATORS, not from transgenders. Now, I'll grant you that may not be the intentions of those that wrote the bill (they are politicians after all), but the general public that supports them, that is how it was sold to them and that is why they favor the bills. Not because they are scared of transgenders (though, again, I'll grant you that SOME may be), but because they believe that predators will take advantage of people being able to basically choose which restroom to use.

But that argument is specious. A man can already dress like a woman if he wants to go into the ladies room to sexually assault someone.  

These laws change nothing about that problem, and that is why they are promoted to the public as "religious freedom" laws instead of "anti-predator" laws.

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Carolina House Passes Bill Voiding All Local LGBT Nondiscrimination Ordinances - fredtoast - 04-27-2016, 01:08 PM