Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Just come on, catch me. Try to catch me"
(05-13-2016, 11:14 AM)3wt Wrote: This is what Cody Core said to WJ3 as he blew by him and scored during the Rookie Camp.

This is the kind of player that is slowly transforming the Bengals from a team known for their talented roster to a playoff contender.   In addition to getting behind our # 1 pick - with swag, James Urban noted that he blocks "Like it's supposed to be done".  The coaches were VERY impressed by his blocking.

So now our team is sporting some very competitive profiles:  Adam Jones, Vontez Burfict, Shawn Williams, Andrew Billings, Tyler Boyd and Cody Core - in addition to the quietly competitive play of Whit, Dunlap, Atkins, Kirkpatrick and Iloka.  I like the changing of our team persona.

This guy may rivaling Billings as the steal of our 2016 draft.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/22689/laquon-treadwell-bengals-cody-core-nfl-draft-yes-scouting-helped 

I said when we first picked him that we're lucky because the only reason that he was so overlooked was because of Treadwell.  People obviously aren't going to notice him much when he's lined up on the same field as a guy like Treadwell, but this is another instance of our coaches being our scouts paying off for us (I know they're not technically our scouts, but they do a lot of the work and give the scouts names of guys they like.

I'm loving the pick  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Just come on, catch me. Try to catch me" - BFritz21 - 05-13-2016, 11:29 AM