Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gruden, Newton & a nixed trade - How Andy became a Bengal
The thing about trading up to get Dalton is we're not told what other teams may have wanted in return and as O pointed out (damned...lost train of thought) nobody knew that Dalton would be a franchise QB at the time. (sorry O..I had to ad lib that..) If it were certain he would turn out so well we probably wouldn't have AJ instead picking Andy at #4 in the first round because at the time a QB was far more important . Remember, CP had already decided he wasn't coming back.
So instead of Andy at #4 and some unknown WR we got AJ at #4 and AD later.. Not a bad deal..

You don't get to be a retroactive genius 4 or 5 years after the fact..

I'm certain that until this past season there were many of you bashing the team for even drafting Dalton at all and plenty of you were upset they didn't get Kap instead. In fact many here were branded as 'homers' just for wanting to stick with Dalton.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gruden, Newton & a nixed trade - How Andy became a Bengal - grampahol - 08-05-2016, 09:42 AM