Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals, Zeitler won't reach an extension
(09-09-2016, 09:42 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: What I haven't read yet are the details of these $10 million/year contracts. Signing bonus, guaranteed $ etc ??  It seems to me that the club will take a long look at re-signing Zeitler when considering the status of our OL of the future. Whit may be gone after this year, our two young tackles still light on experience, and a center that isn't exactly bowling over anyone on a regular basis.

True, at this point everyone is only pointing to the macros of those deals, not shedding any light on the details.

(09-09-2016, 09:53 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Hum, well I've gotta different take on this. Sure the DeCastro deal set the tone and Zietler has a case for getting top tier G money, but the last time the team was in this situation with a guard it punted. Boling's contract is not top tier money and is for $26M for 5 years. That's basically half the money DeCastro got.

The Bengals wouldn't pay Eric Steinbach at the end of the 2006 season and he signed with the Browns. Steinbach apparently was looking for a deal similar to the deal signed the year before by Steve Hutchinson which was a 7 year $49M deal, which was top tier guard money and is still a decent contract for a G even 10 years later.

I'm fairly sure we drafted Westerman to make Zietler expendable.

Westerman?  Why in the heck do so many keep bringing up Westerman like he is some sort of savior?  As far as I could tell, all that he really did in the preseason was show how well he could look mediocre versus mediocre competition, at multiple positions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals, Zeitler won't reach an extension - SunsetBengal - 09-09-2016, 10:12 PM