Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals, Zeitler won't reach an extension
(09-09-2016, 10:44 PM)TGISunday Wrote: The links I've posted here (and the other thread) show Zeitler's--and his teammates--individual ratings. To me, that speaks more to me about his individual talent than lumping him in with an underperforming tackle who we let walk (who lined up to Zeitler's immediate right) and a grossly underperforming center(that lines up to his left).  Also, our team ypc was down last year can inextricably be linked to Hill's down year.  5.1 on 223 to 3.6 on 222 really effects the team average. Also worth considering is Gio actually raised his ypc from 4.0 to 4.7 last year, but less carries at 154.

Lumping Zeitler in with Boling and the other 62 starting guards does little good unless we're willing to believe that both inside linemen flanking the center are interchangeable.  Boling isn't a right guard in our system, so I don't see the point in lumping all guards in the same bucket.  To that end, find me 10 better right guards. Heck, for arguments sake,  Let's find 20 better guards.

Point is, while the guard market has admittedly become a bit ridiculous lately, any scenario that has Zeitler leaving Cincinnati better have a fireproof answer for what else Brown is going to do with the money, other than helping Dalton afford traction.

Burfict, Maualuga, Huber, Whitworth, Kirkpatrick, Burkhead, and Thompson are all players that realistically have extensions coming their way next year. I could definitely see Z not getting resigned if he demands a boat load.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals, Zeitler won't reach an extension - treee - 09-09-2016, 10:57 PM