Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look, what I called week 1, and now here we are! Zampese better figure it out.
(09-15-2017, 09:49 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: With 10 days before the enxt game....  And no improvement shown from Zampese over last years shit feast..

Its time to fire him and find someone half ass competent at calling plays.

If they don't make this move (they being marvin)  then those above marvin should replace both.

Defense is good even missing arguably its best player.   Offense was good in spurts but the play calling never allowed it to take advantage of the talent on board.
One bleak game ...I could see some excuses but....we lost another.. winnable, at home. 2 games....no td's and 9 total points (at home?)  We had some good plays but... nothing sustained.  Ross i the fastest guy in th NFL.....we only tried end arounds...no deep route?  You send him DEEP and fast and....force a defense to adapt. THEN....there's SPACE.

What's the NEW RULES on pass interference? We need to know because we're getting shafted on BOTH sides of whatever it is.
The O Line was not as awful as game 1, yet still was poor and erratic. I'm not(so far) saying fire Marvin.  Zampese? He's easily replaced.  Yeah. once a season begins there's fewer GOOD guys to be had but...It's dismal enough that a mediocre OC would be a gain.  Zampese HAS (eventually) spotted a couple things.   One... Erickson can make plays at WR.  You can make a case he was our "player of the game".  Another...Andy in shotgun usually, and with no back blocking much...is a luxury if the line is sub par. I Saw Andy under Center with Hewitt in. That helped but.. we really failed to put good stuff together.

I see TALENT. I do not see a solid TEAM. I do not see the pace of DEVELOPMENT I would want.  I was out west when Bill Walsh took a team WORSE than this... to the top.  Their first super bowl..... the whole secondary  was guys with less experience than Dennard.  Montana was not that experienced... MOST of the key guys were not. Walsh.. found VALUE and quickly.. shaped them into SOLID winners.  I could make an impressive list of Niner STARS who were never rd 1 picks.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Look, what I called week 1, and now here we are! Zampese better figure it out. - redwood - 09-15-2017, 11:07 AM