Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Week 2: Bengals @ Steelers Prediction Thread *
(09-13-2016, 03:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I watched the game last night and the Redskins had plenty of opportunities, and wiffed.

Kirk Cousins missed so many open guys. He looked like Rookie Andy Dalton out there.. high throws low throws crazy out of bounds throws. He made Pitt D looks good.

Early in the game the Redskins D had a fairly ferocious pass rush, they got to Ben and made him fumble on his own 15, but somehow didn't get it when clearly could have.

Pitt really took over the time of possession in the 2nd quarter and third. They continually converted 3rd and short and 4th and short, tiring Redskins D. Also they had the worst corner ever on Brown.

So IMO, our offense will have plenty of opportunities to score, and Good Andy (remember good/bad Andy) will show up and take advantage.

As for defense, we need to make some short yardage stops, we can't let them convert on 3rd and 1 sort of situations. Can't let our defense get winded. Time of possession will be a major factor in this game.

Still sticking with my 23-17 prediction, these Pitt games are always close.

Maybe without Burfict it will be closer than i am starting to lean. We always think it is going to be a high scoring
game with these Offenses and then the Defenses both show up. I just don't think Pitt's Secondary can hold up for
too much longer against our guys if Dalton has some time.

The Jets game made me have so much more confidence in our QB and i think both lines will play much better in
Pittsburgh. We will see but the more i study up on these two teams again i think we win going away.

Bottomline is our Secondary is much better than theirs. The trenches will battle as always and there will be a lot
of questionable stuff going on, the refs will help the Steelers, we might lose it a couple times and let it get to us,
dirty hits mostly from their side...etc.

You are probably right it will be close and might not be as high scoring as i first thought.

Still stick to my prediction of a 35-31 Bengals win.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: *Week 2: Bengals @ Steelers Prediction Thread * - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-13-2016, 03:37 PM