Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RETURN OF THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS
(10-19-2016, 04:44 PM)kevin Wrote: Hue Jackson and Jay Gruden in back to back weeks.....Some familiar faces on the other sidelines coming up.....I'm thinking back in history of Bengals on playing ex coaches.  Certainly playing Bill Walsh in the Super Bowl and in other regular season games sits at the top.  I don't think we ever played a Sam Wyche team.  Well, certainly playing LeBeau in all those Steelers games and why was he so much better with Steelers than here. He was a great player and a great coach, just not here. ......but in Bengals History I do not remember us ever playing anything like this back to back games of very good offensive coordinators who just recently got us to the play-offs. Both helped coach up young Dalton and Green and so many new players since 2011, Both built what we come to know as the Bengals offense in our 5 straight play-off seasons.  Both worked under Coach Lewis.  Zampese worked under them..The NFL development of some of these Bengals players Coached UP is due in great part to them. .......So we can look at the need for wins, and wins we need....We can look at The Battle For Ohio....We can look at the Trip To London......But I've never seen the Bengals play back to back good ex coaches that just left before.  I'm sure Paul Brown must have in Cleveland, maybe. This is what comes from winning, good coaches get promotions on other teams. After the 1981 Super Bowl our coaches got promotions on other teams. ......Playing Hue Jackson and Jay Gruden teams back to back is historic.  I've never seen Bengals play 2 good ex coaches back to back before.

Never seen it either. Looking for us to demolish both of these guys, but both games will probably be tighter than i would like.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: RETURN OF THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-21-2016, 12:46 PM