Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RETURN OF THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS
(10-22-2016, 08:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Marvin Lewis first two years....16-16, 5-7 against playoff teams.

Jay Gruden first two years....13-20, 1-7 against playoff teams.

You can make all the excuses you want, but none of it matters because Gruden did not accomplish anything of note his first two seasons.  Winning a division title doesn't mean anything when you have a ridiculously easy schedule that includes only 3 teams with a winning record and you can't beat a single one of them.  In Grudens second season he won .692 against teams that did not have winning records and .000% against teams with winning records.  If he had had a schedule as tough as Marvin's second season (9 games against teams with winning records) he would have only won 4 or 5 games.

All I hear in the "Marvin is the worst coach ever" threads is "Wins don't matter if he can't beat the best teams", but then when Gruden's name come up it is "Gruden is an amazing coach even though he never beats any good teams at all."  The mental gymnastics and hypocrisy you use to bash Marvin is outrageous.

Marvin Lewis had MUCH better talent his second year than Gruden. If Marvin Lewis had to work with what Gruden is working with he wouldn't even go 4-12. Marvin Lewis had Carson Palmer, and Gruden had Cousins. He had a lot of good weapons on offense with Palmer too, and a good offensive line. If Gruden had what Lewis had then Gruden would probably have already won at least a playoff game his first couple years. The reason why you hear that with Marvin is because he's had teams with MORE talent than the teams that beat him in the playoffs.

If Marvin Lewis is such an amazing coach make that sig bet with me. The reason why you won't take that bet is you know you're wrong. You have defended the coaching staff so much you can't admit that you were wrong about them. I get it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: RETURN OF THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS - Brownshoe - 10-22-2016, 08:40 PM