Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What happened with Green and the Bengals in Houston
(12-24-2016, 03:57 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I would like to know if AJ will be missing out on any contractual bonuses since he wont be playing the last two games. Does he have a 1000 yard bonus for example? Or a multiple 1000 yard season bonus, something along those lines.

I have to wonder what got him so upset to leave the team in Houston right before they are about to play tonight. I mean he was already there, but now I am guessing went back to Georgia for Christmas with his family? Anyways food for thought.

(12-24-2016, 04:00 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Eh, you'd think he'd still want to be there for his teamates. Hell, he was already there.

He's pissed. No way around it. I just hope we don't see another drama unfolding with a star player. We've had enough of them as is.

Don't forget that not only was two days before Christmas, but he also has a 3-month-old child at home.

(12-24-2016, 03:56 PM)jowczarski Wrote: I can't speak to the latter point about Mike not interceding because last year, and to this point, ownership had very little say (that we know of) with what was happening on game day. I think the odd thing is why this happened on Friday after the team traveled, and I don't think there is a good answer for that - even from the club. It just did. In hindsight, with this s--storm, they no doubt are regretting the fact this didn't happen Friday morning.

As far as alienation - not sure that's happened here in a long time. Someone on Twitter brought up Palmer but that was a lifetime ago (in NFL terms) and there was a lot to that situation. Green will be irritated, and should be, but he'll get over it.

Re; Dalton - the organization wasn't alienating him by starting their first round pick. In that situation most everyone would say Ogbuehi just had to be better.

Not the same talent level, but I also think of Gresham more recently, questioning his toughness to national news, only to later find out when he leaves in FA that the guy needed back surgery.

Just have seen too many Boomers/Dillons/Palmers/Greshams for it to be considered an isolated incident, so now I am worried while waiting for the next one.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What happened with Green and the Bengals in Houston - TheLeonardLeap - 12-24-2016, 04:03 PM