Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What happened with Green and the Bengals in Houston
(12-25-2016, 03:48 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's not the point. There's any number of things that could have been done by this or any other organization that doesn't go to the extreme of putting him on the field to get injured more. 

Any defense of this FO in the way they've handled AJgate, along with everything else they've screwed up is misguided, ill-conceived and downright silly. 

I get this, but as an eternal optimist I want to present or at least try to find a positive.  Again, my position is that AJ is a competitor and I am glad he was disappointed but don't see the drama in this so many are trying to create.

However, if I were a coach of the Bengals, and I rely tremendously on AJ Green to do a lot of the heavy lifting for the offense, I would really want him out there, too.  I would not want to look like a boob on National TV with what is sure to be huge viewership, but these same individuals need to start being able to create outside of AJ.  I liked a few things that I saw with Burkhead, Core, and Uzomah and that experience and development of plays that work against the #1 defense in the NFL, on a short week, at their stadium was nice to see. 

No, they didn't tear up the Texans defense, but they had over 300 yards of total offense with Og at LT, no AJ, no Gio, and no Eifert.  That is at the very least, a little bit of progress.  Now, if they could have just tried one deep pass early to soften up the defense....but Dalton was probably thinking he wouldn't have that much time in the pocket.

Also, even though they lost, I LOVED what I saw out of Burfict-less defense.  Granted, the Texans are far from what you would call an offensive juggernaut, but great effort all day long.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What happened with Green and the Bengals in Houston - SHRacerX - 12-26-2016, 11:33 AM