Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Difference between the Bengals and Pittsburg?
The biggest current difference between the Bengals and Steelers I can see is this:

When is Pittsburgh the most vulnerable? It is when they are playing teams (outside their division) with losing records at 1 pm on Sundays. They inexplicably drop a few every year in the middle of the season to teams like the Gradkowski lead Raiders and others I can't remember at this moment.

When are they the most difficult? In prime time games when the lights are the brightest. How many of you just knew they would win that game against Baltimore last week? As amazing as that final TD run by the Raven's was, I knew that 1.5 minutes was just too much to leave on the clock with Big Ben getting the ball back. They thrive in those pressure situations.

As far as Cincy is concerned, you can flip everything I just wrote. They are at their best playing teams at 1 pm when there is no pressure. Aside from that classic against Denver in 2014, I can't remember a late season prime time game that has made me feel like we were ever going to turn the corner in that regard. If only Hill wouldn't have fumbled that ball, it might have been that night.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Difference between the Bengals and Pittsburg? - Von Cichlid - 01-08-2017, 09:59 PM