Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Difference between the Bengals and Pittsburg?
(01-08-2017, 11:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There's little doubt Big Jen is a major factor in the Steelers recent winning history. But he's only a minor part in the big picture of the difference between a winning culture as set up by the Steelers organization thru the years.  And the dysfunctional, undisciplined, total lack of accountability set up here by Mike Brown and of late Marvin Lewis.

Winning is the only goal there, the only focus. Here winning is desirable but not demanded. Money , loyalty, and doing it my way take precedence.

In the end there's a major difference in the cultures and the results reflect that.
I agree with this and would like to add one thing....Most fans of Pittsburgh do not like Mike Tomlin and as matter of fact there has been rumblings, even this year, that players are not his biggest supporters at times.  This brings up the question I have posed in the past about our playoff losses.  When do the players put it on their shoulders and win a damn game?  This is not pee wee football where some coaches are coaches and some other coach is the dad of the QB and has little football knowledge.  These are professional athletes...At some point they need to be accountable also.  Maybe this is part of the culture also...Steelers players go out and play their hearts out to win for their team and franchise..
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Difference between the Bengals and Pittsburg? - spazz70 - 01-09-2017, 12:11 AM