Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacman Jones To Police “I hope you die . . . You’re gonna be out of a job”
(01-24-2017, 12:13 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I guess I just don't really care that much.

People say stupid crap when they get arrested. People say stupid crap when they are drunk. People say even stupider crap when they are drunk at the time of arrest. He didn't threaten to murder the cop or threaten injury to him. He dropped some classic guy-who-thinks-he's-a-big-deal lines and went to the clank for a few nights. Whoopdy do.

Adam Jones doesn't represent me, nor does he represent the city of Cincinnati (at least not in my opinion). He plays football. Who cares if he gets into it with a nightclub security guard and spouts off nonsense while being arrested? Is he the first guy to talk shit at a cop or spit while being arrested? Pffffft! That's none of my business as to what goes on in his personal life. If he was out actually beating women, kids, animals, destroying property, and actually causing damage to others lock him up. This misdemeanor BS is just that.

This doesn't get wiped out due to the bikes to the kids, nor do the bikes to the kids get wiped out due to him having a stupid night. Even though I've NEVER had a sip of booze, done drugs, been arrested, etc. I still understand that people act like morons and I'm not going to morally hold them to any standards above what the law does. Nothing significant is going to happen to him in the courts. If the Bengals cut him, great... $6.3m for them to spend better. If they don't, he still is a viable CB. Either way, it influences my fandom ZERO.

I think crap like this is hilarious to laugh at. Same deal with "Jerry" Porter. I laughed at that, too. These types of arrests and blowups happen to probably a thousand people every night across the US. Thinking some of these guys are different than any regular idiot isn't reasonable.

A few things...

First it's not his personal business when he is disturbing the public. That has nothing to do with the Bengals it applies to everybody. If you're out in public causing a scene, getting confrontational, telling the law they hope they will die, spitting on nurses and poking the eyes of security guards that's not your personal life that's your public life.

Second it's not a given that "people say stupid crap when they get arrested." or just simply because they're drunk. A lot of people walk on eggshells around the police or at least smart enough not to egg them on. Considering his circumstance in particular it makes him look even worse. It's not like Jones was stating a stupid opinion he was in rage mode in public. This was classic Pacman that we saw in the wildcard game unable to control himself.

Third he does represent the city of Cincinnati whether we like it or not. People in this country care way too much about sports and sports are directly associated with the city they represent. Not that it really matters because it's just a sports team but yeah he's been here long enough that people associate Pacman with the Bengals who are associated with the city of Cincinnati.

There's nothing funny about a man who has trouble getting his life in order or controlling his emotions make it worse by acting like a fool. He has put his livelihood at risk by pulling this stunt. He has a family to support.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Alleyviper13 - 01-04-2017, 02:42 AM
RE: Pacman Jones To Police “I hope you die . . . You’re gonna be out of a job” - CageTheBengal - 01-24-2017, 01:01 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Jpoore - 01-04-2017, 07:42 AM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - corpjet - 01-04-2017, 12:28 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - psychdoctor - 01-04-2017, 04:05 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Yojimbo - 01-04-2017, 04:58 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Hammerstripes - 01-04-2017, 05:02 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - psychdoctor - 01-04-2017, 05:33 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Alleyviper13 - 01-05-2017, 02:02 AM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Jpoore - 01-05-2017, 02:22 AM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - CageTheBengal - 01-05-2017, 02:25 AM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - JumboTron - 01-05-2017, 02:05 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - grampahol - 01-05-2017, 03:06 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Alleyviper13 - 01-24-2017, 07:13 AM