Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacman Jones To Police “I hope you die . . . You’re gonna be out of a job”
(01-24-2017, 02:35 PM)PDub80 Wrote: That's not the definition of enabling. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enabling   Not... even... close.

What I have stated was that if the guy broke the law and is going to be charged with any sort of serious crime and receive jail time then he should be charged, tried, and convicted. Or fined, which is more likely as this offense in the scope of law breaking and disturbances is incredibly minor. I'm not sure a fine for a minor, common offense is warrant enough to fire someone.

I will copy and paste my response from a few posts back about athletes (and, specifically pacman) actually representing a city and any long term negative connotations.....

- He represents the city of Cincinnati no more than does any other guy working in the city. He's not even from there. He's not a product of there. He is living and working in Cincy for a few years. End of story. Once he's gone nobody is going to look at or reference the city. They will mention the Bengals and associate him with that. Yeah, they're the Cincinnati Bengals, I get that, but the players are there during a season and then they move away. Think about it, nobody associates Chris Henry with the actual city of Cincinnati or it's residents. Perhaps hard core football fans. That's a small small small section of fans in general, nor does it represent any significant portion of the general population. It just doesn't.

Does anybody.... ANYBODY look at the Panthers and associate them with Rae Carruth in a negative light as if they are culpable for his murdering his pregnant girlfriend? Or do they associate Rae Carruth with the state of North Carolina or Charlotte? Of course they don't. Does anyone associate Pacman Jones with the city and citizens or city of Dallas, TX? NOPE. What about the Titans, the state of TN, or the city of Nashville? NOPE. And he did WAY WAY WAY worse things when involved with both of those organizations. When he moves on, whether by being cut or retirement, so will any negative talks about him and the city of Cincinnati.

People around the US in general do NOT care enough about sports to hear, care, or understand what happened in a bar in Cincinnati between Adam Jones and a bouncer or cop. YOU might think they do because you're a superfan on a message board, but normal people don't.

You didn't need to repeat yourself.  I saw how goofy it was the first.  People like him need people like you around him to allow him to keep on being an idiot.  That's enabling, no matter how you slice it.  Pull your head out of your ass and you will see that he does represent the city.  You can't be dense enough not to know that, can you?   He's scum and by association makes scum of the whole organization just by being on the team. 

And doesn't the simple fact that no one agrees with you suggest anything to you?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Alleyviper13 - 01-04-2017, 02:42 AM
RE: Pacman Jones To Police “I hope you die . . . You’re gonna be out of a job” - McC - 01-24-2017, 02:40 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Jpoore - 01-04-2017, 07:42 AM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - corpjet - 01-04-2017, 12:28 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - psychdoctor - 01-04-2017, 04:05 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Yojimbo - 01-04-2017, 04:58 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Hammerstripes - 01-04-2017, 05:02 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - psychdoctor - 01-04-2017, 05:33 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Alleyviper13 - 01-05-2017, 02:02 AM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Jpoore - 01-05-2017, 02:22 AM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - CageTheBengal - 01-05-2017, 02:25 AM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - JumboTron - 01-05-2017, 02:05 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - grampahol - 01-05-2017, 03:06 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Alleyviper13 - 01-24-2017, 07:13 AM