Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
BOOM!!
(That was the sound of the other shoe dropping.)
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:22 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: (That was the sound of the other shoe dropping.)

In before close.
Reply/Quote
[Image: CNYVx1OUkAA1a0E.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
26 Year Scenario

1.  New year, history is meaningless
2.  Promising Looks
3.  Lug nuts start to loosen
4.  Fingers start pointing and accusations made
5.  Still early ... it's only one game
6.  Roller Coaster kicks in of ups and downs
7.  Some fans refuse to 'hope for the best and expect the worse'
8.  Lug nuts eventually loosen and start falling off
9.  Wheels start to come off and tantrums go full force
10. Team, once again finishes short, shooting themselves in the foot, in one of many fashions, injuries usually playing a part.
11. Most concede another typical year with Mike Brown, with some hanging on with, "Wait until next year!"
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:57 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 26 Year Scenario

1.  New year, history is meaningless
2.  Promising Looks
3.  Lug nuts start to loosen
4.  Fingers start pointing and accusations made
5.  Still early ... it's only one game
6.  Roller Coaster kicks in of ups and downs
7.  Some fans refuse to 'hope for the best and expect the worse'
8.  Lug nuts eventually loosen and start falling off
9.  Wheels start to come off and tantrums go full force
10. Team, once again finishes short, shooting themselves in the foot, in one of many fashions, injuries usually playing a part.
11. Most concede another typical year with Mike Brown, with some hanging on with, "Wait until next year!"

It cracks me up that you honestly try harder to be a depressing fan than to just have some faith.

That has to be terrible for your health.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 33lgy6o.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:00 PM)thillan Wrote: It cracks me up that you honestly try harder to be a depressing fan than to just have some faith.

That has to be terrible for your health.

Not at all.  Complete peace, not watching ANY games at all. Just catching the 'aftermath' on the website.

(Kind of like the 'Radio Guys Game Recap'.  Just being real) 

If this doesn't make it 27 years in a row under the scenario described, I will eat crow, but not really worried about having to bib up and belly up.
Reply/Quote
You really think they were going to go 16-0? And if you ain't watching, what the hell the point of hanging around a Bengals message board and posting?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:10 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: You really think they were going to go 16-0? And if you ain't watching, what the hell the point of hanging around a Bengals message board and posting?

7-9 was my post draft, preseason prediction.

Just to pull the chains of guys like you!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:10 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: You really think they were going to go 16-0? And if you ain't watching, what the hell the point of hanging around a Bengals message board and posting?

Just to be a dick for no good reason.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:22 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: (That was the sound of the other shoe dropping.)

It was a bad day for the defense, in a one score game at the end...with a lot of injuries thrown in.

And it's only the 3rd game of the year.

Most fans blow my mind with their...nevermind, i better not finish what i'm thinking.

Kind of like the guy that called into 700wlw after the game and said the problem was Dalton, and McCarron was a beast. 

Absolute and total stupidity.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:36 PM)McC Wrote: Just to be a dick for no good reason.

Violin
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:39 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Violin

And the point is yet reinforced.  Lashing out will surely make you feel better.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:39 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Violin

Rock On
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It was a bad day for the defense, in a one score game at the end...with a lot of injuries thrown in.

And it's only the 3rd game of the year.

Most fans blow my mind with their...nevermind, i better not finish what i'm thinking.

Kind of like the guy that called into 700wlw after the game and said the problem was Dalton, and McCarron was a beast. 

Absolute and total stupidity.
If 2 wins to start out don't necessarily make you a SB contender, why does one loss on the road to a good team with a QB we've never been able to control suddenly make you bums?

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:41 PM)McC Wrote: And the point is yet reinforced.  Lashing out will surely make you feel better.

Cool
Reply/Quote

It's a lot easier and safer to be pessimistic isn't it? I mean to go out on a limb and root for the team that has a history of falling short takes some mental fortitude. I am guessing when we win a Superbowl you will be on that bandwagon.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:47 PM)McC Wrote: If 2 wins to start out don't necessarily make you a SB contender, why does one loss on the road to a good team with a QB we've never been able to control suddenly make you bums?

Yep.

If someone would have told me before the season, "i'll give you 2 and 2 right now after 4 games" i would have said "DONE!" before he finished the sentence. Three tough road games and 2 wins (at least) in the beginning and then 6 out of the next 8 at home. 

Gimme that every day.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Season's over! Hilarious

[Image: boom_1308-2927.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:49 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: It's a lot easier and safer to be pessimistic isn't it? I mean to go out on a limb and root for the team that has a history of falling short takes some mental fortitude. I am guessing when we win a Superbowl you will be on that bandwagon.

When or IF??
Reply/Quote