Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow's Excited About The Offense's Versatility
(07-10-2024, 10:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You may have forgot All. He can block. And with Sample they don’t need blockers
PFF All is a very solid all-around tight end prospect who shows NFL potential as a blocker and receiver. He is a willing move blocker who is often detached from the line of scrimmage to lead, get to the second level or perform split-zone blocking responsibilities.

You can tell his knowledge of blocking fundamentals and hand usage is there, though he could sometimes show more of a finisher’s mentality. He has a good understanding of both leverage and angles to wall off defenders without holding.

As a receiver, he has big hands to be reliable at the catch point, though he has had frustrating drops over the years. He is a better athlete than he seems to be getting credit for and can run routes with pace and confidence. His underrated change-of-direction fluidity yielded very high separation scores in 2023. He also showcases good balance for yards after the catch and contact.

I didn't forget about Erick All.

Erick All has the Length, size, and most importantly willingness to be a attached blocker but inconsistent would be putting it lightly. Whlled attached besides almost instant popping upright All shows solid hand timing and placement at the point of attack but even then his punch lacks power, he lacks grip strength, and has almost zero anchor so defenders shed or drive him back with ease. At the second level and in space All can take bad angles and will duck his head leading to more than a few whiffs.

The upside is there for All to be a good H-Back (his ability to transition from pass catcher to runner is elite) but I would say Tanner McLachlan is a more technically refined blocker right now.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2024, 01:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Anything Erick All contributes this season is gravy honestly. I think we drafted him for his upside because he COULD become that great
TE for us that we haven't had since Eifert if he CAN stay healthy. Dude can catch, block, run a ton of routes and is extremely hard to tackle
after the catch while having very good speed for a TE.

His upside is pretty amazing. Dude probably would have been the top tight end drafted in 2023 if he hadn't been injured. 

Health is a concern, but, if he can stay healthy, he'll be a hell of a steal.

He'll be able to occupy defenders in the middle of the field and up the seam while teams are doing their damnedest to stop Chase with double teams and guys in his area.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2024, 01:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: His upside is pretty amazing. Dude probably would have been the top tight end drafted in 2023 if he hadn't been injured. 

Health is a concern, but, if he can stay healthy, he'll be a hell of a steal.

He'll be able to occupy defenders in the middle of the field and up the seam while teams are doing their damnedest to stop Chase with double teams and guys in his area.

If he can stay healthy he could be that steal that some TE's like Kittle have been yah never know.

It was a gamble, just hope it pays off. I didn't like the pick at the time because I wanted a RB like Braelon Allen but I get it.
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Chase I’m told will be lined up everywhere.Zac has already said he’s taking a step back from spending all his time on the offense. Justin Rascati is going to take a lot organizational stuff away from Zac. Practice prep for the staff. Pitcher will also assume some. Zac is trying to free himself to just be the head coach. He’ll still call the plays. But it’s more of a group effort in the game plan anyways. They all have plays to submit for the weeks game that they like for their position group. It’s revised up until Saturday continuously until they get a number. Gameday unlike all the knotheads that think everybody calls out a play in the headset. Zac hates talk on the headset but if it’s your area or situation (3rd and long etc.) you’d better have a play ready if he asks. But Dan and him will talk. But I think Zac wants to give Dan freedom to bring in new ideas. But until the run game shows it’s viable they won’t run a bunch of RPO’s nobody respects their run game and as long as the rush end is crashing no matter what they will protect Joe. If you don’t think the offense is geared to protect Joe then I can’t help you. They love the backs in the receiving game.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
If Zac wanted to focus on being HC he’d let Pitcher call plays. We’ll see how much changes.

I know it’s pretty much a non thought around here but what if they miss Callahan. It’ll be a big year for Zac to prove he can hold down the offense with a revolving door at OC as HC opportunities arise.

This is why we got an Offensive minded Head Coach. This is the true test of Zac’s era. The test he was brought in to pass.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2024, 09:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: If Zac wanted to focus on being HC he’d let Pitcher call plays. We’ll see how much changes.

I know it’s pretty much a non thought around here but what if they miss Callahan. It’ll be a big year for Zac to prove he can hold down the offense with a revolving door at OC as HC opportunities arise.

This is why we got an Offensive minded Head Coach. This is the true test of Zac’s era. The test he was brought in to pass.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious We're back to "This game will define Zac Taylor" again..... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Tiger Tiger Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2024, 09:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious We're back to "This game will define Zac Taylor" again..... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Tiger Tiger Tiger

I wouldn't say that but this was why they went with an Offensive minded head coach (to counter the loss of OC's each year if the team is successful). This is the first time it's been tested. Can we maintain offensive success with the changes at OC? It's effected many (we should know after trying to replace Hue).

That is what this year will prove. Burrow helps, but many 1OA picks have been ruined so it isn't all on QB talent. Coaching plays more of a role.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2024, 09:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: If Zac wanted to focus on being HC he’d let Pitcher call plays. We’ll see how much changes.

Not really. Pitcher has never called plays. A lot of it is being able the make quick call as well as the right call. Way too risky. Dan will be heavily involved in the play calls.

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2024, 08:51 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Chase I’m told will be lined up everywhere.Zac has already said he’s taking a step back from spending all his time on the offense. Justin Rascati is going to take a lot organizational stuff away from Zac. Practice prep for the staff. Pitcher will also assume some. Zac is trying to free himself to just be the head coach. He’ll still call the plays. But it’s more of a group effort in the game plan anyways. They all have plays to submit for the weeks game that they like for their position group. It’s revised up until Saturday continuously until they get a number. Gameday unlike all the knotheads that think everybody calls out a play in the headset. Zac hates talk on the headset but if it’s your area or situation (3rd and long etc.) you’d better have a play ready if he asks. But Dan and him will talk. But I think Zac wants to give Dan freedom to bring in new ideas. But until the run game shows it’s viable they won’t run  a bunch of RPO’s nobody respects their run game and as long as the rush end is crashing no matter what they will protect Joe. If you don’t think the offense is geared to protect Joe then I can’t help you. They love the backs in the receiving game.

A lot of good stuff in here, thanks Soonerpeace. Wink
Reply/Quote