Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase not Practicing
(08-27-2024, 11:37 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Chase shouldn't average the same money per year as Jefferson or Lamb.   What you are saying is Chase should be paid 20+ million more than Jefferson and Lamb because he has 2 years left on his rookie contract while they have just one.   I'm not sure why anyone would think Chase playing just 3 seasons while Jefferson/Lamb have played 4 entitles Chase to get 20+ million more.   That's the logic though.  Chase playing less years than Jefferson and Lamb means he is entitled to 20+ million more than those guys.  Makes sense.

Like I said before if you signed Chase to the 4 year extension this year but the money doesn't kick in until season 5 like Jefferson and Lamb would you still try to justify 160 million for Chase? If you averaged that extension over 5 years like Jefferson/Lamb this would put Chase at 36.36 million per year which is much higher than both Jefferson and Lamb.

It absolutely makes sense.  Chase and the Bengals cannot look at just todays market.  What will the market be in 5 and 6 years?  That is the issue.  

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2024, 09:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: I would think an extension would come no later than Tuesday if coming.

I said this Monday as if Tuesday was far off. I'm not sure if yesterday was the official start of the season, or next Tuesday. But I meant the Tuesday of the first week of the season. 

I think that is the final deadline. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2024, 11:37 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Chase shouldn't average the same money per year as Jefferson or Lamb.   What you are saying is Chase should be paid 20+ million more than Jefferson and Lamb because he has 2 years left on his rookie contract while they have just one.   I'm not sure why anyone would think Chase playing just 3 seasons while Jefferson/Lamb have played 4 entitles Chase to get 20+ million more.   That's the logic though.  Chase playing less years than Jefferson and Lamb means he is entitled to 20+ million more than those guys.  Makes sense.

Like I said before if you signed Chase to the 4 year extension this year but the money doesn't kick in until season 5 like Jefferson and Lamb would you still try to justify 160 million for Chase? If you averaged that extension over 5 years like Jefferson/Lamb this would put Chase at 36.36 million per year which is much higher than both Jefferson and Lamb.

No I wouldn't try and justify it. But that situation might be what we are looking at if we wait until next year. Atleast this way we have another year to work in the way we want with yearly cap hits. 
I think Chase is worth it and we can argue alot of different points but our team success didn't go up until Chase got here. I'm not suggesting it's all him but that's a nice bargaining chip for him. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 01:27 AM)casear2727 Wrote: It absolutely makes sense.  Chase and the Bengals cannot look at just todays market.  What will the market be in 5 and 6 years?  That is the issue.  

And not only that but Chase has had an enormous impact on a team that went to a SB and another AFC Champ. game and if not for a play or two or a bad call, they easily could have been in another SB. And while football is the ultimate team sport, there is direct correlation to what Chase has done that has resulted in this team's success regardless of those others have played an additional year of football but not have had even close to their teams success compared to Cinci.
Reply/Quote
Guess who isn't at practice today?

edit: he finally showed up but is not in uniform

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
Earlier today Chase posted a picture on his instagram account of Joe Burrow giving a "side eye" expression.

Many speculated that it could be about a potential Bengals offer he didn't like. 

Fast forward and he is in the building at practice, but not practicing. Possibly "holding in" again.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Zac has provided cover all along (We have a plan) and then for him to say the plan is for him to practice today and tomorrow and Chase not show up and practice is an issue. I'd like to see Taylor address it directly after practice with the media and put pressure on Jamar publicly for not sticking to the plan. Next week if he still isn't following the plan you hit him with conduct detrimental to the team and you start fining him. The coach can't be a push over here as it sets a terrible precedent.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 03:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: Zac has provided cover all along (We have a plan) and then for him to say the plan is for him to practice today and tomorrow and Chase not show up and practice is an issue. I'd like to see Taylor address it directly after practice with the media and put pressure on Jamar publicly for not sticking to the plan. Next week if he still isn't following the plan you hit him with conduct detrimental to the team and you start fining him. The coach can't be a push over here as it sets a terrible precedent.

Yeah, that's not great. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Trade him and then sign Tee in the offseason. This is some TO shit right here!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Chase had made Taylor look like a ***** after fielding all those questions yesterday.

Not a great look.
Reply/Quote
Crossing into diva territory. It would have been one thing to just not practice but essentially he’s messing with team chemistry by deciding when he wants to practice.
Reply/Quote

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 03:27 PM)J24 Wrote: Trade him and then sign Tee in the offseason. This is some TO shit right here!

Also; Our 3 stooges FO need to step up and make something happen. Either get a deal done or trade him.  
I'm tired of thier crap and inability to get things done. Every offseason there seems to be some unnecessary drama because they can't get shit done.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I don't know the ins and outs but I'm mad at everybody. Jamarr, the franchise, Tee, Joe B. Everyone wants to be highest paid. Brady didn't have to be and he will keep producing income long after he retired from the NFL because his team had the extra money to win and he is a legend now. Same with Mahomes. Bunch of dumbs thinking about the short term here
Reply/Quote
Looks like Chase said he ain't doing shells. They go back to light practices next week with probabaly 1 with shells we'll see what happens.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
This has gotten way out of hand. Next offseason will be war. Chase isn't going to win with these tactics. MB can't let this be the standard like Jerry Jones has.

Not a good look for Chase though.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know of any player (QB or otherwise) who acted as such w/ 2-years remaining on their contract?

What were JJ's actions last year? That's most likely the best comparison; although, JJ is a little better at the same point in their careers. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 05:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Looks like Chase said he ain't doing shells. They go back to light practices next week with probabaly 1 with shells we'll see what happens.

Don't like that. Players dictating practices is never a good thing.
Reply/Quote
Tbh we don't need Chase. He's an amazing player and I would want him on the team, but if he's acting like this I wouldn't mind putting big money in other places. We still have stud WRs and can still pay people like Higgins. Time and time again the NFL shows that you don't need a massive star at WR if you're solid at other places.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 05:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Looks like Chase said he ain't doing shells. They go back to light practices next week with probabaly 1 with shells we'll see what happens.

His body most-likely told him not to practice in shells, 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote