Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase not Practicing
(08-28-2024, 05:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Does anyone know of any player (QB or otherwise) who acted as such w/ 2-years remaining on their contract?

What were JJ's actions last year? That's most likely the best comparison; although, JJ is a little better at the same point in their careers. 

JJ was back and practicing by now. He wasn't pulling this practice when I want tactic. Once he was back, he was back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 05:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: JJ was back and practicing by now. He wasn't pulling this practice when I want tactic. Once he was back, he was back.

and he pulled his hamstring, missing a bunch of games for the first time in his career.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 05:06 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Tbh we don't need Chase. He's an amazing player and I would want him on the team, but if he's acting like this I wouldn't mind putting big money in other places. We still have stud WRs and can still pay people like Higgins. Time and time again the NFL shows that you don't need a massive star at WR if you're solid at other places.

Love Chase and I want him on this team, But KC didn't miss a beat after they jettisoned Hill to Miami.  We still have Tee and Gesicki
Reply/Quote
lol this shit is a clown show. Get the ***** deal done, Bengals. The sooner you get it done the more it benefits you anyway.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 05:11 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: and he pulled his hamstring, missing a bunch of games for the first time in his career.

I can see this leading to Chase having his worse season as a pro. These things never work out for players.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Anyone that's been here since the 80s, I seriously don't know how we've tortured ourselves this long. Same shit over and over and over with this team..
Reply/Quote
**** Mike Brown, he doesn't own any of this success, it accidentally happened because Joe Burrow is the best QB he's ever had. The speech MB gave after the AFC-C won showed it all, was not prepared to give, had no idea what to say.

What's chase going to do, wait until we lose a few games, making Burrow look bad, then try to come back and prove to anyone for a short period of time they should have paid him?

I don't believe in the not practicing thing, I don't know what Ja'marr is thinking right now. You don't practice with Joe B you don't get any better, you don't get any better we don't win the superbowl. Only money matters.
Reply/Quote
They implemented the rookie salary cap structure to prevent this crap.. they need to implement no restructuring for 1st rounders until after you have played your first 4 years
Reply/Quote
Wouldn’t be as bad if he didn’t jettison Bates and turn down handing Pittman money to Tee.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 05:35 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: **** Mike Brown, he doesn't own any of this success, it accidentally happened because Joe Burrow is the best QB he's ever had. The speech MB gave after the AFC-C won showed it all, was not prepared to give, had no idea what to say.

What's chase going to do, wait until we lose a few games, making Burrow look bad, then try to come back and prove to anyone for a short period of time they should have paid him?

I don't believe in the not practicing thing, I don't know what Ja'marr is thinking right now. You don't practice with Joe B you don't get any better, you don't get any better we don't win the superbowl. Only money matters.

I'd say Katie and Troy Blackburn are more at fault for a lot of this contract related stuff than Mike Brown. 

Remember the Whitworth story about how Mike Brown wanted to extend him and Katie and Troy literally ****** up the entire process to death? 

They are a clown show who show an inability to evolve with how NFL contracts work these days. Players want guaranteed money and they just refuse to do it. 
Reply/Quote
Do we have any real theories on why it's not done?

Is it another escrow issue?

I get it from the Bengals POV why are we negotiating with 2 years left on the deal?

Obviously from a timeline stand point it's annoying as a fan to see that our SB window is slowly slipping away and the FO is not getting a deal done.
[Image: 274466608_10158743148308176_802682179485...e=66EA8437]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 05:37 PM)spazz70 Wrote: They implemented the rookie salary cap structure to prevent this crap.. they need to implement no restructuring for 1st rounders until after you have played your first 4 years

lol why on earth would the NFLPA ever agree to that? 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 05:46 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Do we have any real theories on why it's not done?

Is it another escrow issue?

I get it from the Bengals POV why are we negotiating with 2 years left on the deal?

Obviously from a timeline stand point it's annoying as a fan to see that our SB window is slowly slipping away and the FO is not getting a deal done.

It benefits the Bengals to get it done now. Cap goes up, players contracts keep inflating, they can spread the hit over his remaining rookie contracts years. 

The hold up has got to be the guaranteed money. It just has to be. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 05:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'd say Katie and Troy Blackburn are more at fault for a lot of this contract related stuff than Mike Brown. 

Remember the Whitworth story about how Mike Brown wanted to extend him and Katie and Troy literally ****** up the entire process to death? 

They are a clown show who show an inability to evolve with how NFL contracts work these days. Players want guaranteed money and they just refuse to do it. 

Everyone forgets Paul Brown Jr. he's the VP in charge of player personnel. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Half the fans.

"We don't know for certain what JC's demands are. We've heard he wants to be the highest-paid non-QB in the NFL with 2-years left on his contract. All we know is it's the Bengal's fault".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It sucks that it has come to this, but if somehow Chase doesn't play this season, I don't give them much of a chance to make the Super Bowl, let alone win it. The only hope there would be if the defense does a 180 from last year and springboards into a top 10-15 one somehow.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Half the fans.

"We don't know for certain what JC's demands are. We've heard he wants to be the highest-paid non-QB in the NFL with 2-years left on his contract. All we know is it's the Bengal's fault".

Based on prior history why should we give the Bengals the benefit of the doubt here? 

Bates, Higgins, now Chase...why is it always such a struggle to get these guys signed? 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 05:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Does anyone know of any player (QB or otherwise) who acted as such w/ 2-years remaining on their contract?

What were JJ's actions last year? That's most likely the best comparison; although, JJ is a little better at the same point in their careers. 

Can't think of an example of the top of my head.  However, you can't negotiate an extension until your 4th year and only 1st round picks can be picked up for a 5th year option, so that narrows the field a lot.

However, his representation knows Jefferson, Lamb, and Aiyuk played nice last year and none of them got a deal done.  This year, Jefferson and Aiyuk have also held in and Lamb held out.  Jefferson and Lamb have been paid already.  So, if his goal is to get an extension this year, precedent tells us that he needs to start exerting pressure this year.
Reply/Quote
Chase is going to get signed and I'm not gonna start worrying about it until kick off September 6th. The Bengals like to do their big contract extension right as the season is kicking off.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
So this has been my idea for a long time......

A city owned professional football league.  Even contracts for all players.  End of year profit shared 50/50.   50 percent to the city for renovations etc.  50% back to the team to distribute to the players based on play.  It'd be up to the fans to support that City Gridiron League as opposed to the NFL.  But as a fan why wouldn't you chose the CGL to support when you see money going back into the city?
Reply/Quote