Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase not Practicing
(08-28-2024, 07:00 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Quick question, do a lot of high profile top players get an extension after their third year?

If not, would signing Chase to an extension after his third year set a bad precedent for the rest of the league kind of like the fully guaranteed contract that Watson got from Cleveland. I know that no other QB’s have gotten fully guaranteed contracts since but they are pretty big with the guaranteed money that’s getting thrown around.

If so, then sign the man and move on

Jaylen Waddle and Davonta Smith are the next two first round WRs in Chase's draft class both have extensions already. They aren't as large as Chase's will be but sizable and 2 years early. 

Edit: If you want to add in other positions from Chase's class Trevor Lawrecne ( I know QB), Patrick Surtain, Peneii Sewell, Jaycee Horn all signed from thr top 10.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 07:03 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Chase would 100% honor his new contract if the Bengals gave him one.  He would never think about sitting out with years left on his contract while demanding a huge raise.  He is beyond pulling a diva act like that.

Yet he's pulling a diva act now. I'm not opposed at all to trying to draft a replacement in the next 3 years or just signing Higgins. Chase is looking for a bag and not a ring. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 07:00 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Quick question, do a lot of high profile top players get an extension after their third year?

If not, would signing Chase to an extension after his third year set a bad precedent for the rest of the league kind of like the fully guaranteed contract that Watson got from Cleveland. I know that no other QB’s have gotten fully guaranteed contracts since but they are pretty big with the guaranteed money that’s getting thrown around.

If so, then sign the man and move on

Waddle and Devante Smit both got 1. Same draft year as Chsse
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 07:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Jaylen Waddle and Davonta Smith are the next two first round WRs in Chase's draft class both have extensions already. They aren't as large as Chase's will be but sizable and 2 years early. 

Right. They didn’t ask to reset the market two years early. I would, and am sure the Bengals would, pay him 28.5 per year right now.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 07:08 PM)Au165 Wrote: Right. They didn’t ask to reset the market two years early. I would, and am sure the Bengals would, pay him 28.5 per year right now.

Meh they are signed 2 years early. Did Peneii Sewell or Patrick Surtain reset the market? I know they were close.

Edit: Christian Darrisaw is another good one 2 years early. Man I liked Darrisaw coming out lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 07:10 PM)Synric Wrote: Meh they are signed 2 years early. Did Peneii Sewell or Patrick Surtain reset the market? I know they were close.

Edit: Christian Darrisaw is another good one 2 years early. Man I liked Darrisaw coming out lol.

Surtain hasn’t gotten a deal and Sewell is the 4th highest paid OT.

Edit to your edit: Darrisaw is 5th OT.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 07:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: Surtain hasn’t gotten a deal and Sewell is the 4th highest paid OT.

You're right thought he did huh what the he'll is with them broncos? Thought they had that walmart money.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 06:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: You don’t give people contracts with two years remaining. No one else is demanding them, Parsons asked in Dallas was told no and he’s there. The Chiefs, a winning organization, traded Hill for similar behavior.

Well I know Waddle got paid after his 3rd year. So if it's rare it still happens. The Chiefs also don't have a known problem with guaranteed money or moving players salaries to bonuses to create cap space now to try and work the cap as much as possible to win now. Should we follow those examples as well? But I also think Chase means more to us and has a bigger impact on this team than Hill or Parsons have or had on they're respective teams. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 07:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: Surtain hasn’t gotten a deal and Sewell is the 4th highest paid OT.

Still high profile players with very large contracts signed early from Chase's class so yes contracts do get done early. 

Reply/Quote

Sewell did reset the market and become the highest paid. But I didn't look at his yearly average. So this may be our exact situation. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 07:15 PM)Synric Wrote: Still high profile players with very large contracts signed early from Chase's class so yes contracts do get done early. 

Then give Chase a similar deal those guys got.  Problem solved.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 07:14 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well I know Waddle got paid after his 3rd year. So if it's rare it still happens. The Chiefs also don't have a known problem with guaranteed money or moving players salaries to bonuses to create cap space now to try and work the cap as much as possible to win now. Should we follow those examples as well? But I also think Chase means more to us and has a bigger impact on this team than Hill or Parsons have or had on they're respective teams. 

Does he? I don’t know. I feel like Burrow is at his worse when he’s forcing jt to Chase. He was electric as a rookie when teams left him one on one but since it feels like he disappears at times.

He’s a very good receiver, but I don’t know this thing falls apart with Tee at the 1 instead of Chase. Maybe different but I don’t think worse necessarily.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 07:14 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well I know Waddle got paid after his 3rd year. So if it's rare it still happens. The Chiefs also don't have a known problem with guaranteed money or moving players salaries to bonuses to create cap space now to try and work the cap as much as possible to win now. Should we follow those examples as well? But I also think Chase means more to us and has a bigger impact on this team than Hill or Parsons have or had on they're respective teams. 

Im all for giving Chase Waddles deal.  Lets make it happen
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 07:16 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Sewell did reset the market and become the highest paid. But I didn't look at his yearly average. So this may be our exact situation. 

I looked at total value so it was different there were more over him but I think the way they structured pushed money into his current deal to raise his APY.
Reply/Quote
Side note that 2021 draft class was packed with talent. Bengals had like 10 picks that year and made alot of bad ones.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 06:11 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Someone is to blame, and it's not the fans, it's not the coaches or players either lol. Whoever is doing this IMO is messing up the Burrow era. We are living in the Joe Burrow era, not anyone else's. If they want to test Ja'marr, go ahead, you are throwing our SB chances into the trash can lol. He is not setting an example or trend, when you are the best at your job you don't have to play by other's rules.

I respectfullly disagree.this organization has done a pretty damn good job the past five. years..And if the Bengals are to go to a superbowl it will be because of a combination of players playing well..not one wide receiver
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 07:07 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yet he's pulling a diva act now. I'm not opposed at all to trying to draft a replacement in the next 3 years or just signing Higgins. Chase is looking for a bag and not a ring. 

Of course he is pulling a diva act now.  Not practicing, pouting about his contract.  He comes back to practice, Zac Taylor covers for him then Chase turns around decides he doesnt want to practice again and makes his coach look bad.  Pure diva move.  If Chase acted anymore like a diva, he could go on tour with Mariah Carey.  Like Carey, his act is getting tiresome.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 06:41 PM)Synric Wrote: A Chase trade would be a fun discussion that I hope never happens. Who would be interested? I want to say the Raiders but they don't have a QB so I doubt they want to deal 1s. Rams and Cooper Kupp, a 1st, and a couple 2s wouldn't be the worst idea. 

Edit: Scary Terry in Washington and a couple 1sts... It would be mean sending Chase to Washington.
Teams that I think would be interested 
Minnesota, Carolina,  Dallas, Washington, Arizona, Denver, LA Rams, New England , Indy,  Detroit,  NY Jets.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2024, 07:29 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Of course he is pulling a diva act now.  Not practicing, pouting about his contract.  He comes back to practice, Zac Taylor covers for him then Chase turns around decides he doesnt want to practice again and makes his coach look bad.  Pure diva move.  If Chase acted anymore like a diva, he could go on tour with Mariah Carey.  Like Carey, his act is getting tiresome.

Or God forbid, Antonio Brown.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Ayuik isn’t going to show for practice in SF. I’m curious to see if the 49ers end up fining them as the alluded to.
Reply/Quote