Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase not Practicing
(08-29-2024, 10:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You leave out Waddle and Smith for any particular reason?

Yes, because those 2 out of 13 signed w/ 2-years left. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 10:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You leave out Waddle and Smith for any particular reason?

They'd be making 112 and 100mil if on 4 year deals vs 140 Chase is demanding. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 09:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s a lot easier to move on from your best WR when you have the greatest pass catching TE off all time.

KC rookies played in 161 games in 2022, 4 started in the SB.  We are little league compared to their World Series personnel department.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 10:14 PM)TheFan Wrote: They'd be making 112 and 100mil if on 4 year deals vs 140 Chase is demanding. 

Some want to compare Chase to Waddle and Smith. I suppose I'm a bigger Chase fan than those folks. I see Jefferson/Lamb as better comparisons.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Some want to compare Chase to Waddle and Smith. I suppose I'm a bigger Chase fan than those folks. I see Jefferson/Lamb as better comparisons.

I agree he's put up better stats then either of them. And he's put up worse stats then Lamb and Jefferson. So does he want to sign 2 years early as clearly not up to their level or bet on himself, put up a career year, and deserve Jefferson money? I get people keep saying it's not about how good you are but when you sign but clearly not given the numerous others on or above Chase who have signed for less. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 07:55 PM)pally Wrote: Aiyuk got his deal...Chase is the only WR left without an extension

A Bengals player the last one left? Oh no, i've never heard that before...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 08:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

That is ***** pathetic.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 09:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree, we were a game away last with Burrow playing less than have games healthy, this is still a team that if healthy can make playoffs  with out Burrow. 

I said we won't win a superbowl without burrow, I don't know how you changed my words into saying I said we wouldn't make he playoffs.

Making the playoffs and winning the superbowl are 2 entirely different things lol.

My comment is we probably don't win a SB without Chase, but we definitely don't win without burrow. This franchise is Joe burrow and Mike Brown is ***** it up. Tiger never changes its stripes. Especially old ones.
Reply/Quote
New contract announcement on Thursday before the Chiefs/Ravens open the season incoming.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 09:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s a lot easier to move on from your best WR when you have the greatest pass catching TE off all time.
They so have one of the greatest QBs of all time which is also why they moved on.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 06:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: Now when I mention Burrow injury history no one knows what I'm talking about, but when Sewell get brought up suddenly everyone not only remember Burrow's injuries but remember how they happened.....

The point. The focus should have been on the line. Building from the inside out. Burrow injury history hurts our long term success and while Chase (ignoring the defense in the playoff's) may have gotten that quick fix, if Burrow's career is shortened which would you want? Consistent winning or that 1 run. 

But again, this thread isn't about Sewell. 

So my argument stands, if we didn't have to buy a line (both sides of the ball), we could have bought receivers. 

Focusing on the OL is your personal preference, which has its faults and merits just like any other team building philosophy.  

Drafting one guy doesn't fix the OL.  Even if you take Sewell over Chase, we still have to buy an OL because every other draft pick we sunk into the OL has underwhelmed.  At best, you don't have to get Brown, but good luck getting a WR anywhere close to Chase's caliber for what Brown is getting paid.  Even a good #2 WR like Waddle, Slim Reaper, or Tee commands more than that.  

Neither of Burrow's major injuries post the Chase draft had anything to do with the LT.  Drafting Sewell, Chase, Slater, Pitts, Parsons, or whoever else doesn't change that.  It's false causality to claim his career was shortened by the Chase pick.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 11:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: They so have one of the greatest QBs of all time which is also why they moved on.

And the greatest offensive mind of this century.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 09:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: AJ Brown: Signed heading into final year of Rookie Deal

DK Metcalf: Signed heading into final Year of Rookie Deal

Terry McLaurin: Signed heading into final Year of Rookie Deal

Deebo Samual: Signed heading into final Year of Rookie Deal

Justin Jefferson: Signed heading into final Year of Rookie Deal

CeeDee Lamb; Signed heading into final Year of Rookie Deal

Brandon Aiyuk:  Signed heading into final Year of Rookie Deal

Amon-Ra St. Brown: Signed heading into final Year of Rookie Deal

Nico Collins: Signed heading into final Year of Rookie Deal

JaMArr Chase: 2-Years remaining on rookie deal. 

Well, you're kind of ignoring the fact that Metcalf, McLaurin, Deebo, St. Brown and Collins signed extensions the first year they were eligible.

Also, listing Brown isn't really legitimate due to the fact that the Titans were never going to pay him his worth and he only got paid after they traded him to salvage their investment.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2024, 12:55 AM)Whatever Wrote: Well, you're kind of ignoring the fact that Metcalf, McLaurin, Deebo, St. Brown and Collins signed extensions the first year they were eligible.

Also, listing Brown isn't really legitimate due to the fact that the Titans were never going to pay him his worth and he only got paid after they traded him to salvage their investment.  

You're kind of ignoring I didn't provide the list of players; simply illustrated how they differ from Chase's situation

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 09:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree, we were a game away last with Burrow playing less than have games healthy, this is still a team that if healthy can make playoffs  with out Burrow. 

Jake Browning with 1-3 against playoff teams, with the 1 win coming against the Browns 2nd Team. They aren't winning a SB without Burrow.

(08-29-2024, 10:14 PM)TheFan Wrote: They'd be making 112 and 100mil if on 4 year deals vs 140 Chase is demanding. 

They're #2 WRs, Chase is a #1.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
I chose not to quote anyone. So, you're Joe Shmo. You are in the top ten in the WORLD at your chosen profession. All of your colleagues/competitors are getting PAID! You're young! You can sit out a couple of years and still score a monster contract, easily!!

The FO playing hardball here is futile! The WR market suddenly exploded. It is what it is. They BOTH deserve to be paid, but he we are as usual with this franchise. JB is good but let us not forget who was running routes and catching passes at LSU...Jesus H! He wasn't distributing the ball to just any ole WRs out there when they won the Natty.

Isn't this the USA? Are we or are we not living in a Capitalistic society?

It's easy to sit in the rocking chair and say this or that, but if you were doing a job for less than half of what others in your profession were doing. And, you were doing a better job than half of those in your field. Plus you watched, and have the inside info on how the FO just treated the WR across from you in contract negotiations. You would probably be highly pissed off too! Don't try and tell me that you wouldn't.

Sounds like a Marsellus Wallace line that I remember from Pulp. Tell me, who met the Gimp, and who got away with the girl and the money? Or was that "just pride fckn with him".
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 10:53 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I said we won't win a superbowl without burrow, I don't know how you changed my words into saying I said we wouldn't make he playoffs.

Making the playoffs and winning the superbowl are 2 entirely different things lol.

My comment is we probably don't win a SB without Chase, but we definitely don't win without burrow. This franchise is Joe burrow and Mike Brown is ***** it up. Tiger never changes its stripes. Especially old ones.
Sorry misread but i would never agree Bengals could never win a SB without Burrow , history shows average QBs have won SBs on teams, of course the odds are not good but to borrow a slogan of Bengals couple years ago ....why not us ?  
(08-30-2024, 01:57 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jake Browning with 1-3 against playoff teams, with the 1 win coming against the Browns 2nd Team. They aren't winning a SB without Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2024, 01:57 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jake Browning with 1-3 against playoff teams, with the 1 win coming against the Browns 2nd Team. They aren't winning a SB without Burrow.

Making playoffs and winning SBs are different, but other teams have won SBs with average QBs, especially with the talent level difference overall is not that great in professional sports especially when you get into the playoffs, any QB can go on a hot streak of 3 games... so i would never say no SB without Burrow but odds are low yes. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2024, 06:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: Now when I mention Burrow injury history no one knows what I'm talking about, but when Sewell get brought up suddenly everyone not only remember Burrow's injuries but remember how they happened.....

The point. The focus should have been on the line. Building from the inside out. Burrow injury history hurts our long term success and while Chase (ignoring the defense in the playoff's) may have gotten that quick fix, if Burrow's career is shortened which would you want? Consistent winning or that 1 run. 

But again, this thread isn't about Sewell. 

So my argument stands, if we didn't have to buy a line (both sides of the ball), we could have bought receivers. 

Penei Sewell would not have been as successful in Cincy as he has been in Detriot this is without question. 

After 3 years in the league watching both Ja'Marr Chase and Penei Sewell you can get the idea what makes them special and even though Penei Sewell is a great pass protector the thing that makes him an elite caliber OT is he is a real weapon in the Lions rush offense. The Bengal's and Burrow's offensive spread em out high flying offense would be the exact opposite offense to showcase Sewell's best talents. If your a Burrow Homer stop reading now because you won't like this next part... Jared Goff is a better under center play action QB than Joe Burrow he's one of the best in the league from dropping under center. Everything about the Lions offense fits Sewell and the Bengals just doesn't

Also if the Bengals had gone Sewell they would have used the same though process they used for Chase when they took Terrace Marshall in the second round.

Side Note: I'm trying to get my niece who goes to WVU to hold a sign that says "Adam Schefter sucks hair monkey balls!" for thr Pat McAfee live show I'm morgantown but she's not going for it.... Even offed a Benjamin.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I heard a caller and the hosts discussing this yesterday on Moving the Chains. Miller said the market for WR's with the cap going up will soon be 40 mil, and if they sign Chase now for four or five years at what he's asking, we'll be glad later (it's not lost on me that last week they said the WR position was going the way of the RB). What I would have asked them if I was on the phone is "If the Bengals give in to him now with two years left on his rookie contract, and give him his 30+ million a year, what's to keep him from pulling this same crap year after next when somebody else gets 40 mil?" It's time for all teams to start standing their ground and holding players to their contracts.
Reply/Quote