Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase not Practicing
(08-31-2024, 09:55 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I do care because our chances of winning a superbowl are decreased without Chase out there. I would say they're also decreased without him practicing, our division is no cakewalk, losing to teams we shouldn't will hurt the playoff chances.

Also this has become a "story" the NFL will now track throughout the season. I wonder what other stories will pop-up along the way. lol. With the NFL it's always about the stories, who's able to generate some drama lol. If you don't have talent on the roster, can't create any drama, not worth money apparently lol

I don't know if there's any truth to it, but I just read an article that said Chase wants 1 penny more than Justin Jefferson got. Talk aboit petty. Jefferson has had better numbers
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2024, 09:55 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I do care because our chances of winning a superbowl are decreased without Chase out there. I would say they're also decreased without him practicing, our division is no cakewalk, losing to teams we shouldn't will hurt the playoff chances.

Also this has become a "story" the NFL will now track throughout the season. I wonder what other stories will pop-up along the way. lol. With the NFL it's always about the stories, who's able to generate some drama lol. If you don't have talent on the roster, can't create any drama, not worth money apparently lol

I also care about future and a balanced roster, not sure if it is good for the future to cave to Chase demands with 2 yrs left,  especially guaranteed$$, we can win without him especially short term, I'm fine if bengals continue to negotiate as season starts and Chase sits. We might have deepest and most talented WR in a long time plus Burrow has rise above like Mahomes did after losing Hill.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2024, 10:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know if there's any truth to it, but I just read an article that said Chase wants 1 penny more than Justin Jefferson got. Talk aboit petty. Jefferson has had better numbers

I don't think it's petty. Your paying for the talent. If the talent is there than they pay continues to go up with time and following contracts. I think Chase is in the top 5 players at his position talent wise. So when your in the top 5 I think the contracts continue to ebb up. For instance I believe Lamb got more money at signing than Jefferson. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2024, 11:00 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I also care about future and a balanced roster, not sure if it is good for the future to cave to Chase demands with 2 yrs left,  especially guaranteed$$, we can win without him especially short term, I'm fine if bengals continue to negotiate as season starts and Chase sits. We might have deepest and most talented WR in a long time plus Burrow has rise above like Mahomes did after losing Hill.

But your caving for a very special player. Those guys don't come along very often. I really don't want this to drag into the season for the media coverage or to have to force him to have to make that hard decision. We are also not the Chiefs so many different variables between us and the KC Hill situation to make that comparison. We might be closer to the Titans and AJ Brown situation. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2024, 11:08 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: But your caving for a very special player. Those guys don't come along very often. I really don't want this to drag into the season for the media coverage or to have to force him to have to make that hard decision. We are also not the Chiefs so many different variables between us and the KC Hill situation to make that comparison. We might be closer to the Titans and AJ Brown situation. 

Only if you think Joe Burrow is closer to Ryan Tannehill then Patrick Mahomes. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2024, 01:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Right. Chase makes this team better, there is no denying that. But is trading him for a high-end DE to pair with Hendrickson and Hubbard, signing Higgins to a long-term deal to pair with Burton and Yoshi, and possibly getting a better RB to add to the stable really going to destroy this team. Chase is replaceable, as the Chiefs showed with the Cheeta

(08-30-2024, 11:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Maybe we can trade him for a DE. Ninja

(08-31-2024, 12:12 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I don't agree with that.

(08-31-2024, 12:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would hope not. But it’s been said in this very thread, hence the joke.

If you were to trade a player of Chase caliber than getting a young elite pass rusher would be a nice  addition.  I would prefer a DT over an edge though in that scenario.  That's only if things got to a point of no return.

I don't think it's that crazy of an idea by Sled21 but I would rather have have Chase over said pass rusher.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2024, 11:14 AM)TheFan Wrote: Only if you think Joe Burrow is closer to Ryan Tannehill then Patrick Mahomes. 

Well QB is only one of the variables. But he is probably closer to Tannehill in physical toolset. 
Reply/Quote
Something that hasn't been mentioned is: do we owe it to the other NFL teams not to set this precedent?

Remember when Cleveland fully guaranteed Rub and Tug's contract? Talk was other owners were upset and it hasn't happened since.

Signing a WR to a market-setting deal with 2 years remaining on the rookie contract has never (as far as I know) been done, is this a practice you think other owners want to start?

I get a handful of WRs who have signed lesser contracts this year.

I know the immediate reaction: "We don't owe other teams anything" if that's your thought then I ask you to research NFL Revenue Sharing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2024, 11:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Something that hasn't been mentioned is: do we owe it to the other NFL teams not to set this precedent?

Remember when Cleveland fully guaranteed Rub and Tug's contract? Talk was other owners were upset and it hasn't happened since.

Signing a WR to a market-setting deal with 2 years remaining on the rookie contract has never (as far as I know) been done, is this a practice you think other owners want to start?

I know the immediate reaction: "We don't owe other teams anything" if that's your thought then I ask you to research NFL Revenue Sharing.

Or maybe we owe them one since we hate guaranteed money so much and so many teams hand it out all willy nilly.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2024, 10:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know if there's any truth to it, but I just read an article that said Chase wants 1 penny more than Justin Jefferson got. Talk aboit petty. Jefferson has had better numbers

He has. But it’s closer through their first 45 games (the number Chase has played thus far) than people might think. And Ja’Marr has the edge in TD’s.

[Image: GWUHZh4WYAE2Hia.jpg]

Chase has also been a very good playoff performer. In Jefferson’s lone playoff game he put up a whopping 47 yards and 0 TD’s against *checks notes* the vaunted 6-11 NY Giants.

Reply/Quote
Chase through 3 seasons has put up historic numbers. If you're going to set a precedent of paying a WR with 2 years remaining he is the player to do it with. He has a more dominant start through 3 seasons than Burrow. All current and former teammates say nothing but great things about him.
Reply/Quote
I think its pretty cool..the Bengals have evolved and reached that point where we can be having the discussions about Super Bowls and the "contract game" with top players in the NFL..How far we have come..WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
They need to get this done. I don't think Ja'marr is going to sit out games. Not a smart move to start tossing game checks.

What's going to suck is when he gets any kind of bump or bruise and decides to "listen to his body" right up until game time for the rest of the season.

The team has made great strides in how they run player eval/aquisition int he Taylor era. It's unfortunate when situations like these expose the fact that they're still not quite ready to accept realities in the current player market.

The only way malingering hurts him is a situation where the team wins big without him. It's unlikely, but at that point he's expendable. The team will make him play out every single day of his rookie deal and he will wait even longer for the financial security he's seeking.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2024, 11:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Something that hasn't been mentioned is: do we owe it to the other NFL teams not to set this precedent?

**** the rest of the NFL!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2024, 01:22 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote:

Get it done Bengals!!! Who Dey
Reply/Quote
I'll get some down votes but I'm not gonna lie it would be funny for him to wait to announce it just before the KC game. It would also be beneficial to those of us that have the 10 pick in fantasy football tomorrow for him to wait at least til after day 8pm to sign. For real though it needs to be NOW to be just a little more ready for the first game.
Reply/Quote

I mean, Penei Sewell signed a contract this off-season that made him the highest paid T in the league with two years left on his deal.  I don't see why it would be any different for a WR.  
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2024, 12:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would hope not. But it’s been said in this very thread, hence the joke.

Oh I know. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2024, 11:08 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: But your caving for a very special player. Those guys don't come along very often. I really don't want this to drag into the season for the media coverage or to have to force him to have to make that hard decision. We are also not the Chiefs so many different variables between us and the KC Hill situation to make that comparison. We might be closer to the Titans and AJ Brown situation. 

I have to disagree if you look at the amount of top WRs now compared to decade ago is a big difference, . but agin my main point we can win without him if bengals want to extend  negotiations 
Reply/Quote