Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase not Practicing
Can the Bengals just trade Chase with his current contract situation and let him be some other teams problem? Maybe trade for a guy or guys that would want the opportunity and appreciate the chance to actually play in the NFL without all this childish drama? That is if there are any of those type players out there today.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 09:47 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Can the Bengals just trade Chase with his current contract situation and let him be some other teams problem? Maybe trade for a guy or guys that would want the opportunity and appreciate the chance to actually play in the NFL without all this childish drama? That is if there are any of those type players out there today.

It appears that nobody on the team is paying a great deal of attention to these salary discussions with chase...nor is  whats a happening a problem..its just the current environment for professional football..the only childish drama is on sports shows
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 09:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am 100% putting this on the front office.

What a completely a utter failure from this group over the past few years. Bates, Tee, now Chase.

Get the ***** deal done before you go and mess up a Super Bowl season.
barring significant injuries,...this team is good enough for a Superbowl run without chase
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 09:47 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Can the Bengals just trade Chase with his current contract situation and let him be some other teams problem? Maybe trade for a guy or guys that would want the opportunity and appreciate the chance to actually play in the NFL without all this childish drama? That is if there are any of those type players out there today.

I swear if one more person talks about trading Ja'Marr Chase...

[Image: major-payne.gif]
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 09:26 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don’t know if anyone mentioned this but one of my friends said he heard a rumor that the holdup might be that Mike Brown doesn’t have enough liquid money to go in an escrow account right now.

Seems unlikely but you have to remember that Mike doesn’t have the money that other owners have from outside entities and he was only worth about 925k eight years ago.

This is a rumor Brown's fans made up because they were jealous we made the Superbowl in 2021! No truth whatsoever to the claim. All of the beat reporters have denied this being an issue!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 09:56 AM)Synric Wrote: I swear if one more person talks about trading Ja'Marr Chase...

Right on. When people talk about trading him, I can only pause and think...

[Image: why-him-why-him-gi-fs.gif]
Reply/Quote
I couldn't care less about Chase's contract extension in the sense of being "worried" they're going to lose the player long term. As a fan, I'm absolutely annoyed with the constant media coverage and speculation.

One thing the Bengals are excellent at is not allowing internal leaks. The NATIONAL media coverage is so obnoxious to me because I don't think any of those types of reporters have ever built up contacts within the organization to where they are being fed reliable info. I DO think the local media guys have people inside the Bengals org that talk to them some just because they are down there and around the team all day every day.

As fans, it's fun to speculate and contemplate what could be happening, but national news reporters with these 2X a day Chase contract updates are ridiculous. I get it. There's not much to talk about Bengals wise and they are extremely popular, but it's all just rabble rousing.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 09:52 AM)ERIC1 Wrote: barring significant injuries,...this team is good enough for a Superbowl run without chase

Wrongo Batman!
J24

Reply/Quote
That bother you? Trading him? He isn't the only receiver playing football. Show him the door. The team would continue on without him. But no, if they did that the camera men wouldn't be able to zoom in on him walking the sidelines on gameday looking up at the scoreboard. We don't want to miss out on that.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 10:04 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: That bother you? Trading him? He isn't the only receiver playing football. Show him the door. The team would continue on without him. But no, if they did that the camera men wouldn't be able to zoom in on him walking the sidelines on gameday looking up at the scoreboard. We don't want to miss out on that.

Well then on the next "Chase vs Sewell" debate we better trade back so maybe we can sign one of the players to an extension. 
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 09:41 AM)Synric Wrote: This is one of those bad rumors floating around. The Bengals just dropped 50 million in cash on locker room renovations this off-season. If they were strapped for cash I expect that money to be spent on the players to keep them winning and bringing in more money.

What's holding up the deal is most likely the wording of the guaranteed money. Just looking at Jeffersons and Lambs contract they are similar and way different. Justin got a 38m signing bonus and 30m roster bonus in his second year along with guaranteed salaries his first 2 or 3 years. Lamb got a 37m signing bonus and gets a 29m roster bonus in 2028 the last year of his comtract which eats up void years on the backend. 

Bengals might want to spread Chase's contract out more with a signing bonus and 2 or 3 small roster bonuses sorta like Joe Burrow's contract. 

That money could have been allocated for something like locker room improvements so he couldn’t have it to put in escrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 09:26 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don’t know if anyone mentioned this but one of my friends said he heard a rumor that the holdup might be that Mike Brown doesn’t have enough liquid money to go in an escrow account right now.

Seems unlikely but you have to remember that Mike doesn’t have the money that other owners have from outside entities and he was only worth about 925k eight years ago.
I calk BS on his worth being less than $1 million eight years ago. If that were true, how would the Bengals have signed any player?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 09:52 AM)ERIC1 Wrote: barring significant injuries,...this team is good enough for a Superbowl run without chase

[Image: you-sure-about-that-i-think-you-should-l...binson.gif]

Without Chase opposing DC’s will just sell out to take away Tee. Then we’re left with an offense that consists of: two day 3 picks (Yoshi, Jones), an undrafted (Irwin), a rookie (Burton), a reclamation project (Gesicki), and one of the weaker RB rooms in the league. That might be good enough to win a few regular season games, but Super Bowl run? Not a chance.

And please don’t bring up Mahomes and Brady doing it with no name WR’s. Those guys had the 2 best pass catching TE’s of all time, not to mention top defenses for a bunch of their championships.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 10:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Without Chase opposing DC’s will just sell out to take away Tee. Then we’re left with an offense that consists of: two day 3 picks (Yoshi, Jones), an undrafted (Irwin), a rookie (Burton), a reclamation project (Gesicki), and one of the weaker RB rooms in the league. That might be good enough to win a few regular season games, but Super Bowl run? Not a chance.

And please don’t bring up Mahomes and Brady doing it with no name WR’s. Those guys had the 2 best pass catching TE’s of all time, not to mention top defenses for a bunch of their championships.

Every time people bring up KC trading their top receiver I'm always like hold up Travis Kelce is the most dangerous middle of the field weapon in the NFL on lists that include Deebo Samuel and Amon Ra St. Brown. Rashee Rice had an awesome year because of the space Kelce created in the middle of the field.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Every 1 bringing up trading Chase you will make the team worse in the short term. No guarantee we hit on the draft capital either. It's approximately 60 - 40 whether you hit on first rounder or not. Not signing Chase would be disastrous 1 of the few things Bengals have going for them is they dont let great HOF players leave in their prime. It will make it tougher to sign FA players will use the logic they wont even take care of their best elite playmaker why should I go there?
Reply/Quote
I'm a huge Chase fan (heck, look at my username). But even I am just about fed up with this nonsense.

It's not even a contract year and he's being ridiculous. I will always love the product he puts on the field for us.... but man, this stuff definitely drops him down a peg or two in terms of my fandom.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 10:33 AM)Synric Wrote: Every time people bring up KC trading their top receiver I'm always like hold up Travis Kelce is the most dangerous middle of the field weapon in the NFL on lists that include Deebo Samuel and Amon Ra St. Brown. Rashee Rice had an awesome year because of the space Kelce created in the middle of the field.

KC offense was 15th in scoring last season as well. (That's one spot above us who had a Backup QB play 7 games and had a Joe Burrow who had a severe strained calf for the first 4 games.) Point being the offense wasn't that good considering they have Patrick Mahomes as the QB.

Them having an elite defense really saved them last season! The reason why they could trade Hill is because they had Chris Jones on there team.

If we could hypothetically trade Chase for a top 5 3T then maybe but other than that I don't think there is a deal that makes sense.
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 09:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am 100% putting this on the front office.

What a completely a utter failure from this group over the past few years. Bates, Tee, now Chase.

Get the ***** deal done before you go and mess up a Super Bowl season.

Of course you are, you like your Chase Underoos better than the FO Underoos. NO NFL Team has ever signed a WR with 2-years remaining on their rookie contract to a market-setting contract. But all accounts are that Chase is demanding one and the FO is "100%" to blame.

The time has come. We've had The Carson Cavalry and Andy's Army. It is time for CHASE'S CHARGERS:

[Image: hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwE7CK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAy...iZg8XRfS8g]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 09:41 AM)Synric Wrote: This is one of those bad rumors floating around. The Bengals just dropped 50 million in cash on locker room renovations this off-season. If they were strapped for cash I expect that money to be spent on the players to keep them winning and bringing in more money.

What's holding up the deal is most likely the wording of the guaranteed money. Just looking at Jeffersons and Lambs contract they are similar and way different. Justin got a 38m signing bonus and 30m roster bonus in his second year along with guaranteed salaries his first 2 or 3 years. Lamb got a 37m signing bonus and gets a 29m roster bonus in 2028 the last year of his comtract which eats up void years on the backend. 

Bengals might want to spread Chase's contract out more with a signing bonus and 2 or 3 small roster bonuses sorta like Joe Burrow's contract. 

Yep. The Bengals have received over 1B from the league in revenue sharing in the last 3 years alone. You can be sure that all those reports of Browns net worth are probably petty far off considering how frugal he is. They have plenty of cash.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Fans having temper tantrums ad pretending they know why Chase has not been extended. We all need to relax. It is a long year, and I do believe Chase wants to be a Bengal. We have no idea what is going on behind closed doors.

I think if we don't get it done, he still plays week #1 or at the latest week #2.

But, if not we have a QB that should be able to make average or young WR's look great. We have a lot of weapons on offense, and I think a much better defense.

In the end, worrying about him signing will or get him signed. I have more important things on my list of worries.

It is almost week #1 and the Pats, I will be excited regardless.
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote