Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase not Practicing
(09-03-2024, 11:22 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. The Bengals have received over 1B from the league in revenue sharing in the last 3 years alone. You can be sure that all those reports of Browns net worth are probably petty far off considering how frugal he is. They have plenty of cash.

Are NFL franchise balance sheets documents that we can look at?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 10:20 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: I calk BS on his worth being less than $1 million eight years ago. If that were true, how would the Bengals have signed any player?

Typo.

I meant million instead of thousand.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 09:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am 100% putting this on the front office.

What a completely a utter failure from this group over the past few years. Bates, Tee, now Chase.

Get the ***** deal done before you go and mess up a Super Bowl season.

Bates did'nt earn the contract he got. I can care less that he left. He took whole seasons off.
Reply/Quote

Seems semi-relevant. Please get our guy done too so we can concentrate on winning a bowl.

Reply/Quote
I know ppl are mad but as will suck without Chase

We aren’t the Chiefs

We don’t have the refs and a crazy defense to offset losing our star WR

If we lost Chase we would essentially be the Seahawks. Like you can get to the playoffs consistently but you aren’t doing shit and you honestly should probably tank for a year to get a better player
-Housh
Reply/Quote
At this point  hopefully the Bengals staff is game planning without Chase for Sunday.  if he misses Weds practice regardless if he signs and only has two official practices, i would think  the bengals think about not playing him on Sunday or limit his snaps since he has missed all practices and no game time during preseason, we should win this weekend by 7 or more without Chase and give him a week to get into better game shape mentally and physically,
Reply/Quote
No worries guys
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 09:52 AM)ERIC1 Wrote: barring significant injuries,...this team is good enough for a Superbowl run without chase

You can't say that with any real logic at this moment. They have 3 RB's on the roster and only one of them has proven himself, albeit, barely. No idea if any of these guys can carry the ball 20 times to grind out yards to keep a series going and to get the tough yards especially in this division and you have only one other WR that's a real threat down the field. Chase is an essential part to both make the playoffs and certainly to make a deep run.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 12:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No worries guys

About?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 12:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No worries guys

Hakuna matata, gentlemen
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The entire situation is just so Bengals. Being a fan of this franchise is sisyphean and exhausting.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 12:39 PM)sandwedge Wrote: About?

He’ll play Sunday
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Whether he signs or not I think we all have a right be frosty right now lol. I could still see us losing to Pats, chase signs and we beat the Chiefs - because NFL. Now they scourge the internet using AI to generate stories that nobody else could fathom. It seems like we can't go a football game without saying "well I've never seen that before" Lol
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 01:41 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Whether he signs or not I think we all have a right be frosty right now lol. I could still see us losing to Pats, chase signs and we beat the Chiefs - because NFL. Now they scourge the internet using AI to generate stories that nobody else could fathom. It seems like we can't go a football game without saying "well I've never seen that before" Lol

If we can't beat the Patriots without Chase we have much bigger issues. You don't pay a QB $50 million a year to not be able to beat a bottom dweller of the league without his #1 WR.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 01:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: If we can't beat the Patriots without Chase we have much bigger issues. You don't pay a QB $50 million a year to not be able to beat a bottom dweller of the league without his #1 WR.

We had a winning record and damn near made the playoffs last year with an injured Joe Burrow and Jake Browning. 

Having Chase makes us better, but this is a damn good team. Folks are just upset.

It's funny how the term "total team game" get used and omitted depending on one's hero. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 11:31 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are NFL franchise balance sheets documents that we can look at?

I'm not sure how deep you're wanting to look but the payouts for all teams are easily found on Google. 

https://www.voronoiapp.com/sports/Every-NFL-Teams-Revenue-Compared-1601

https://www.statista.com/statistics/195252/revenue-of-the-cincinnati-bengals-since-2006/

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 01:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: If we can't beat the Patriots without Chase we have much bigger issues. You don't pay a QB $50 million a year to not be able to beat a bottom dweller of the league without his #1 WR.

Yes but anybody can beat anybody in this league so no W's are given regardless who's there/not there. If they can't run the ball then JB can be just like any other QB if he faces enough 3rd and long plays. If the backs can't pickup enough blitz packages JB could fumble a couple times or get way off schedule. If the NE receivers get behind the DB's a couple times. Bottom line is if you keep a team in a game long enough they forget just how bad they're suppose to be and where they might finish in the division and we;'ve seen it over and over.
Reply/Quote
We'll see if he practices tomorrow, but there is a game in 4 days... Let that sink in.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 02:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: We'll see if he practices tomorrow, but there is a game in 4 days... Let that sink in.

*5 days.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2024, 12:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: At this point  hopefully the Bengals staff is game planning without Chase for Sunday.  

And it's safe to say Chase dependent on how many games he misses even if he's a decoy on Sunday is staring at another 1200 yard season......

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote