Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase not Practicing
(09-05-2024, 03:02 PM)Joelist Wrote: Chase is practicing by the way.

"ish".

But I agree it's a positive step. I'm torn about whether I want to see JC out there in Week 1. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Apparently they submitted a 'significant' offer to Chase.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2024/09/bengals-have-submitted-significant-offer-to-wr-jamarr-chase
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
This says he's expected to play.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2024/9/5/24237142/jamarr-chase-patriots-bengals-contract-offer?fbclid=IwY2xjawFHLPdleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHfKWCLL9kIr5WuWd3pActYq4cCGWZ6GkN4-HC6xscmBt64xCuqQcR4bgTA_aem_16-Slw0nMOvk_KjVRksyzw
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
The offense is going to be more explosive. They are going to get the running backs the ball all kinds of ways via the pass. Gesicki will split the safeties on the long ball. Can’t wait to see all the tweaking.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Chase getting the highest AAV ever sounds OK to me...but what is he giving up?  Anything?  His camp will need to concede a lower amount guaranteed vs. Jefferson or more years under contract in order for the deal to be fair IMHO.  He hasn't been as good as Jefferson.  This team can win if they pay Higgins and trade Chase.  I'm not a "Pay Higgins and trade Chase" kind of guy for the record.  I am a pro-labor, pro-player kind of a guy.  But what Chase has done with the hold-in has left somewhat of a bad taste in my mouth.  I'd think that the notion of playing hardball with Chase and giving a high % guaranteed contract to Higgins right now has to be considered as a serious option.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2024, 03:56 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Chase getting the highest AAV ever sounds OK to me...but what is he giving up?  Anything?  His camp will need to concede a lower amount guaranteed vs. Jefferson or more years under contract in order for the deal to be fair IMHO.  He hasn't been as good as Jefferson.  This team can win if they pay Higgins and trade Chase.  I'm not a "Pay Higgins and trade Chase" kind of guy for the record.  I am a pro-labor, pro-player kind of a guy.  But what Chase has done with the hold-in has left somewhat of a bad taste in my mouth.  I'd think that the notion of playing hardball with Chase and giving a high % guaranteed contract to Higgins right now has to be considered as a serious option.

Just because YOU say he hasn't been as good as Jefferson (and, for the record, I don't disagree) that doesn't mean that Chase views himself as being lesser than Jefferson.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2024, 03:56 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Chase getting the highest AAV ever sounds OK to me...but what is he giving up?  Anything?  His camp will need to concede a lower amount guaranteed vs. Jefferson or more years under contract in order for the deal to be fair IMHO.  He hasn't been as good as Jefferson.  This team can win if they pay Higgins and trade Chase.  I'm not a "Pay Higgins and trade Chase" kind of guy for the record.  I am a pro-labor, pro-player kind of a guy.  But what Chase has done with the hold-in has left somewhat of a bad taste in my mouth.  I'd think that the notion of playing hardball with Chase and giving a high % guaranteed contract to Higgins right now has to be considered as a serious option.

Well, the big difference is new money AAV vs real AAV.

If he gets the same extension as JJ, except one penny more, the new money AAV will be greater, but the real AAV will be less because he has two years left on his rookie deal vs one.  
Reply/Quote
Sounds like the APY is agreed it’s all coming down to the guarantee.

Where have we heard this before?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2024, 11:21 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Sounds like the APY is agreed it’s all coming down to the guarantee.

Where have we heard this before?

They have to reach a deal today. I’m expecting an announcement any min today.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2024, 04:04 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: How far do you want to go back mate?

Let’s just go from 2020 or my thumbs will get arthritis LOL

Burrow was a can’t miss, Higgins had a 1st round grade. Wilson was the shining light for the scouting team that draft.

2021- Chase was a generational talent, Carman was a disaster if it was the old man then Duke and the rest of the team should have gone batshit until he listened to sense. Ossai does anyone even know anymore? There is something there but this is a make or break year.

2022- It’s taken us a position change and 3 years to get our first round pick on to the field that hopefully turns him in to a star jury still out.

CTB is good and if he takes the next step could be great, Volson let’s see.
The rest were shit.

2023- Early days some promising signs.

So there we have it some swings and misses like you said it happens for every team, but the ones who do hit we constantly struggle to get re-signed or they walk.

I think this team could do better with a proper GM who handles everything that’s all I’m saying.

I think perhaps you need to wake up..The team is doing quite well and is regarded as one of the best in the NFL
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2024, 02:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What makes you say this? Every draft has players that don't work out. But have you seen the firepower on this team? Have you seen some of the defensive talent on this team? Seems to me the only busts we repeatedly get are when we draft OL in the early rounds. So it appears we are using FA to fill those holes. TBH, early-round picks on OL is high risk for anyone.

Bengals have struggled drafting both OL and DL for a while now. If you count the inconsistencies from Jonah Williams the last solid OL prospect the Bengals drafted was Clint Boling in 2011(Year 3 Volson depending). The last good DT the Bengals drafted was Geno Atkins (We can count Andrew Billings but he was not good in Cincy). They have done a little better at Edge with Carl Lawson & Sam Hubbard since Dunlap & MJ but the depth since Dunlap & MJ has not been there.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
3rd day of practice. He said he will speak to the media this afternoon

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2024, 12:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals have struggled drafting both OL and DL for a while now. If you count the inconsistencies from Jonah Williams the last solid OL prospect the Bengals drafted was Clint Boling in 2011(Year 3 Volson depending). The last good DT the Bengals drafted was Geno Atkins (We can count Andrew Billings but he was not good in Cincy). They have done a little better at Edge with Carl Lawson & Sam Hubbard since Dunlap & MJ but the depth since Dunlap & MJ has not been there.

Billings had grades of 71.1 and 69.3 his last two years with the Bengals.  He sucked his first two years, but that's pretty much all DT's.  
Reply/Quote
Chase returns Tee goes down...

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Chase says he will play in the season without a new deal

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2024, 01:22 PM)pally Wrote: Chase says he will play in the season without a new deal

Color me impressed.
Reply/Quote
he also said today was his deadline for a deal but if they are that close...fingers crossed.  Supposedly the hold up is in the structure.  

full interview

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2024, 12:28 PM)pally Wrote: 3rd day of practice.  He said he will speak to the media this afternoon

(09-06-2024, 01:22 PM)pally Wrote: Chase says he will play in the season without a new deal

(09-06-2024, 01:30 PM)Nepa Wrote: Color me impressed.

Yeah, but it is in his best interest to play and make his numbers even more elite this season and if he doesn't get paid to start 
this season he will make a hell of a lot more on his extension when it DOES happen. Still, I like that he will play without a deal 
if it doesn't get done. It is smart and makes me feel better about Ja'Marr's maturity which is what I was questioning before.

(09-06-2024, 01:30 PM)pally Wrote: he also said today was his deadline for a deal but if they are that close...fingers crossed

Would be awesome if he announced his deal himself. Smirk
Reply/Quote
Rumor is, they agree on AAV and are just hammering out some snags with the payout schedule.
Reply/Quote
The holdup is always the structure. You can go back to almost every guy we couldn't come to a deal with and in most cases it was how we do structuring of the deals with guarantees. It's a double edged sword, the players want it but at the other side we are one of the best teams in the league in terms of dead cap space. We simply don't get stuck in contracts we can't get out of.
Reply/Quote