Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase not Practicing
Reader wasn’t a knee injury just for the record.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 11:58 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: what type of traffic violation involves getting handcuffed

The kind where you come out of your car acting like an ass usually
Reply/Quote
Welp...no contract extension.  We've been down this road before.  See you all in the '25 Chase Not Practicing thread, the '26 thread complaining about why he hasn't signed his FT yet, and the '27 thread about how stupid we were to let Chase walk without getting anything out of him.

Given our past history with this stuff, I wouldn't suggest getting a Chase jersey unless you think you can get your money's worth out of it in the next three years.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 12:44 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: According to 2 teammates who were witnesses to the situation said Tyreek was immediately pulled from his car and taken to the ground no chance for him to get in a altercation like law enforcement was claiming.

And they're not biased at all now are they? Use your head, no cop is going to stop a multi-millionaire with lawyers on speed dial and set out to violate his rights. If he was pulled from the car immediately, how long did he ignore them before he stopped? Usually people can mouth off all they want, it's when they refuse to show their hands, comply with lawful orders, or comply with a request for license that things turn to handcuffs.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 01:23 PM)Whatever Wrote: Welp...no contract extension.  We've been down this road before.  See you all in the '25 Chase Not Practicing thread, the '26 thread complaining about why he hasn't signed his FT yet, and the '27 thread about how stupid we were to let Chase walk without getting anything out of him.

Given our past history with this stuff, I wouldn't suggest getting a Chase jersey unless you think you can get your money's worth out of it in the next three years.

Pretty much. Going to be a reoccurring theme until the front office adapts to modern contract structure.  
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 01:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And they're not biased at all now are they? Use your head, no cop is going to stop a multi-millionaire with lawyers on speed dial and set out to violate his rights. If he was pulled from the car immediately, how long did he ignore them before he stopped? Usually people can mouth off all they want, it's when they refuse to show their hands, comply with lawful orders, or comply with a request for license that things turn to handcuffs.

More likely to come out later, and it may be Hill was in the wrong, but your argument doesn't hold up much, as just recently both Terrell Davis and that golfer had law enforcement run ins. Golfer even was taken to jail. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Ja'Marr said his illness was food poisoning

Winning makes believers of us all

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 01:28 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Pretty much. Going to be a reoccurring theme until the front office adapts to modern contract structure.  

Word is offer was in the norm of contracts, I think Chase ego hurt deal
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:14 PM)pally Wrote: Ja'Marr said his illness was food poisoning

Excuses are like.....................
Reply/Quote
I've obviously not been a fan of JC's actions this off-season and I think it may have added to the team not being ready to play today.

WTS, JC gave his all today. I was especially glad to see him chase down the dude who recovered the Tammer fumble.

Hopefully, all parties can put this off-season's antics aside and shock KC next week.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Sounds like it is indeed a matter of the family being too cash poor to come up with the guaranteed money.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:14 PM)pally Wrote: Ja'Marr said his illness was food poisoning

So?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 05:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Word is offer was in the norm of contracts, I think Chase ego hurt deal

Norm of contact in today’s atmosphere means 4/120

He’s worth more than that

With Chase likely 70% needs to be guaranteed minimum
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 01:31 PM)Destro Wrote: More likely to come out later, and it may be Hill was in the wrong, but your argument doesn't hold up much, as just recently both Terrell Davis and that golfer had law enforcement run ins. Golfer even was taken to jail. 

The bodycam footage is now out. All Hill had to do was comply and roll down his nearly blacked out window. Take your ticket (maybe warning) and move on. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 01:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sounds like it is indeed a matter of the family being too cash poor to come up with the guaranteed money.

Well, years is a huge issue, as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2024, 01:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And they're not biased at all now are they? Use your head, no cop is going to stop a multi-millionaire with lawyers on speed dial and set out to violate his rights. If he was pulled from the car immediately, how long did he ignore them before he stopped? Usually people can mouth off all they want, it's when they refuse to show their hands, comply with lawful orders, or comply with a request for license that things turn to handcuffs.

Well, Sled, normally I find myself in agreement with you, but another famous athlete, Scottie Scheffler, was arrested and handcuffed in Louisville just this year, and it turned out the cop was in the wrong, evidence showed the cop lied about what happened, the charges against Scheffler dismissed, and I think the cop fired or at least disciplined. And the cop turned his camera off to boot. Scheffler spent time in a jail cell in an orange jumpsuit. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 10:17 AM)Whatever Wrote: Well, years is a huge issue, as well.

They prob went back and fourth on the years because of the guaranteed money. 

"Oh, you're only going to guarantee x amount of dollars? Then I'm only signing a 3 year deal" 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2024, 01:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sounds like it is indeed a matter of the family being too cash poor to come up with the guaranteed money.

Yup .... that's what I'm reading everywhere too.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2024/9/9/24240047/jamarr-chase-contract-bengals-justin-jefferson-vikings

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
77 pages just for Chase to show up, do his job, and do it well. While a whole lot of other people on the team didn't.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote
Always interesting to get an outside perspective.

Reply/Quote