Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If weakness is DL, maybe try a 3-4?
Linebackers have been a position of strength… Why not see if ADG can rush the passer? He’s athletic and smart. NT would probably be an issue though
Reply/Quote
(Today, 12:16 AM)LebanonFan Wrote: Linebackers have been a position of strength… Why not see if ADG can rush the passer? He’s athletic and smart. NT would probably be an issue though

Not even close to the right personal.

No nose tackle, like you mentioned
Trey would be way out of position as an OLB or 3-4 DE.

This isn’t an in season switch. This is typically a multi year project.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengal defense had success with some limited use of a 5-2 front, but DJ Reader, Cam Sample and a healthy Sam Hubbard were huge reasons why that front worked.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
bengals don’t have 3-4 personnel. They just suck

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11 hours ago)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bengal defense had success with some limited use of a 5-2 front, but DJ Reader, Cam Sample and a healthy Sam Hubbard were huge reasons why that front worked.

I do like the 5-2, but it's very dependent on getting the right matchup with the offense's personnel package.

They could run a bit of 3-4 and 3-3-5 as a sub package once Jackson gets back.  Ossai was a stand up LB in college, iirc.  Maybe Jenkins and Rankins as the DE's and Murphy as the other OLB with his athleticism.
Reply/Quote
You need a dominant NT and good rushing linebackers....are linebackers are all pass cover guys.

Good idea if we wouldve committed to it a few years ago.

I imagine 3-4 is a whole different ball game, gap wise and technically wise
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)Whatever Wrote: I do like the 5-2, but it's very dependent on getting the right matchup with the offense's personnel package.

They could run a bit of 3-4 and 3-3-5 as a sub package once Jackson gets back.  Ossai was a stand up LB in college, iirc.  Maybe Jenkins and Rankins as the DE's and Murphy as the other OLB with his athleticism.

Good point, getting injured players back into action will allow a lot more flexibility than this plain vanilla front they are forced into running currently.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Like the others said, we don't even have a true Nose Tackle to play in the 4-3/5-2 right now. Tufele is the closest we have to it
until McKinnley Jackson comes back and he is just a rookie. I do like ADG and think he could be decent as a pass rusher though.

Would be nice to see ADG on some blitzes now and then and yes our Linebackers have been good this season. Just is rough with
all the DT injuries. Been a rash to say the least.
Reply/Quote
(5 hours ago)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Like the others said, we don't even have a true Nose Tackle to play in the 4-3/5-2 right now. Tufele is the closest we have to it
until McKinnley Jackson comes back and he is just a rookie. I do like ADG and think he could be decent as a pass rusher though.

Would be nice to see ADG on some blitzes now and then and yes our Linebackers have been good this season. Just is rough with
all the DT injuries. Been a rash to say the least.

They could run a close enough version with BJ Hill at NT and flank him with Jenkins and Rankins, of course that would require Hill and Rankins to be healthy. They'll need that sort of look against the run heavy teams in AFCN to keep the Guards out of the LB faces.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We cant stop the run or get much pressure with 4 linemen. How could we stop anything with just 3. Didnt a bunch of people complain about Lou using 3 linemen against Mahomes on that last drive. You want that the whole game now?
Reply/Quote
...that's not how this works.
Reply/Quote