Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The rookie we haven't talked about
I'm already over the bad hold by him. But not yet over the prior 3 plays tho..
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Heck of a call. Definitely isn't in my top 12 reasons we lost today, but it was a huge mistake to make.

Burrow and Jackson both played a near perfect game with the exception of the interception and Jackson's fumble. People predicted our D would get run over like a steamroller. McMoney, with a decent hold, makes that kick 9 out of 10 times. I don't know what your top 12 reasons are....
Reply/Quote
(9 hours ago)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Exactly. There's absolutely no guarantee Mac makes the kick, even if the hold was good. Our clown of a Head Coach asked him to kick quite a long one there let's not forget. 

Mac makes that kick 9 out of 10 times....
And I'm not saying get rid of him, but people need to realize being the punter is more than kicking the ball. The conversations about Robbins did not take that into consideration. Holding is one of the things Huber exceled at
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)Sled21 Wrote: Burrow and Jackson both played a near perfect game with the exception of the interception and Jackson's fumble. People predicted our D would get run over like a steamroller. McMoney, with a decent hold, makes that kick 9 out of 10 times. I don't know what your top 12 reasons are....

Only 1 of the 10 kickers with 4+ attempts of 50+ this year haven't missed at least 1.

Only 2 of the 22 kickers with 6+ attempts of 50+ last year didn't miss one.

Going 75% at 50+ is actually quite great. That's why you generally don't want to be a big 'ol coward and quit on offense to play for a 53 yard FG. You CAN make it, you CAN make it more often than not, but you're probably going to miss at least a couple.

[Image: Sugar-daddy-2.gif]
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)Sled21 Wrote: Burrow and Jackson both played a near perfect game with the exception of the interception and Jackson's fumble. People predicted our D would get run over like a steamroller. McMoney, with a decent hold, makes that kick 9 out of 10 times. I don't know what your top 12 reasons are....

Burrow and the offence certainly weren't a reason. The '12 reasons' were Lou Anarumo and the entire defence. If they manage a singular stop in a half of football, talking about whether a punter's ability to hold a ball for a long FG attempt is an irrelevance. 
Reply/Quote
(8 hours ago)Sled21 Wrote: Mac makes that kick 9 out of 10 times....
And I'm not saying get rid of him, but people need to realize being the punter is more than kicking the ball. The conversations about Robbins did not take that into consideration. Holding is one of the things Huber exceled at

Evan has missed one under 50 yards this year. While I was confident of his chances, suggesting that a 56 yard FG to win the game is a long make and not a guarantee, is hardly the world's biggest claim is it...
Reply/Quote