Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it Marvin Lewis or Mike Brown?
(04-15-2016, 04:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You have to be disagreeing with me just to disagree and try to sound smarter than me because there's no way that anyone with a functioning brain would believe this.

Any coach with a great defense would realize that even great defenses get tired if they're on the field too much and that you need to move the ball and the chains to milk the clock and keep your defense on the sideline.  You run the ball more but you don't go into shut-down mode and only run.

A perfect example is all of 2009 when we'd get up a score or two or even three and then Marvin would have Bratkowski go into a mode of play calling that was run, run, pass, punt, which was easy to defend, so teams would come back, and then Palmer would have to beat them in the hurry-up offense with two minutes to play.

No.  You are wrong. 

2009 was an anomaly unlike any other year, but even then we were more conservative even when we did not have a lead.  We ran on first down all the time and did not really change when we had a lead.  But I agree we were much more conservative overall that year.

Other than that year Marvin does not play any more conservatively than any other coach in the league who has a good defense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it Marvin Lewis or Mike Brown? - fredtoast - 04-15-2016, 05:29 PM