Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
“R-E-L-A-X, We’re on to Baltimore”
(09-11-2023, 09:53 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: “Five letters here, just for everybody out there in Bengalland: R-E-L-A-X. Relax. We’re going to be fine.”

It didn’t take long for Bengals fans to start wondering when Burrow would deliver a first Super Bowl. The 2023 season opened flat with the Bengals losing their first game, a sleepy 24-3 defeat at Cleveland in Week 1.  A few days later, Burrow will deliver one of the most iconic quotes of his career during his formerly weekly press conference wit Cincinnati. He will simply tell everyone to relax.

———————————-

The sky was falling, and everyone was looking to Zac Taylor for answers. Rather than give in to the panic or try to justify the state of the team, Taylor repeatedly said that he was “on to Baltimore”. This became the 2023 Bengals’ rallying cry, and it all begins in Week two against the Ravens.

———————————-

Both edited from early struggling 2014 teams, that went to the nfc championship (packers) and won Super Bowl (patriots).

Relax everyone, it will be fine.

Yeah, I am not panicking after 1 game that is for sure. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 02:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I am not panicking after 1 game that is for sure. Mellow

I trust this team to make a playoff run as a 7th seed, so I could handle an 0-6 start...0-7 or 0-8 might be pushing it, I'll admit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 02:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I am not panicking after 1 game that is for sure. Mellow

I wouldn't, and, like we said, maybe it's a lack of reps with Burrow and the Browns having a good pass rush, but we can't do anything if our line can't protect Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 02:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wouldn't, and, like we said, maybe it's a lack of reps with Burrow and the Browns having a good pass rush, but we can't do anything if our line can't protect Burrow.

Didn't Burrow get hit like a millions times the past 2 years when we made the SB and the AFC Championship game?  I'm not saying I want Burrow to get smacked around like one of the Three Stooges who isn't Moe, but we can do stuff without protecting him so far. 

So far.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:27 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Conklin left the game on a cart and head coach Kevin Stefanski’s postgame update was not an optimistic one.

“You hope, but it doesn’t look good,” Conklin said, via Kelsey Russo of the team’s in-house media group. “I feel absolutely awful for Jack. The person that he is, the player that he is and what he means to this team. . . . He’s such a big part of what we are. We’ll hold out hope there.”

I hated to see it.... certainly didn't look good.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 02:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I trust this team to make a playoff run as a 7th seed, so I could handle an 0-6 start...0-7 or 0-8 might be pushing it, I'll admit.

9-8 could make it in... would be tight, but it's still possible from 0-8. 

Theoretically possible to make it in with a 3-14 record if the AFC North loses to everyone and we all split, right? Baltimore already won a non-divisional game, so granted the margin drops to 4-13...

More seriously, we'd be a far more dangerous 7th seed than any other team who could feasibly be a 7th seed. Like I said when the whole issues with the cancelled Bills game came up, I don't care what seed we are, we can beat anyone, anywhere. Just make it in.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 03:30 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: 9-8 could make it in... would be tight, but it's still possible from 0-8. 

Theoretically possible to make it in with a 3-14 record if the AFC North loses to everyone and we all split, right? Baltimore already won a non-divisional game, so granted the margin drops to 4-13...

More seriously, we'd be a far more dangerous 7th seed than any other team who could feasibly be a 7th seed. Like I said when the whole issues with the cancelled Bills game came up, I don't care what seed we are, we can beat anyone, anywhere. Just make it in.

I recall seeing someone save/load a Tecmo Super Bowl season until an entire division was full of 3-13 teams, or something to that effect I think.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 03:25 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I hated to see it.... certainly didn't look good.

Torn ACL & MCL.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 02:10 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Donald - blowout team win
Jones - didn’t play team lost
Garrett - blowout team win
Parsons - blowout team win
Bosa (Nick) - blowout team win

Maybes it isn’t just the bengals.

The four QBs that played against the elite elites (listed above), had 530 yards passing, 2 tds, 4 ints and a combined 16 sacks.

Averages out to - 132 yards a game, .5 tds and a pick to go with 4 sacks.

We had Garrett 1 on 1 with Karras one time and i immediately thouhht it was Cappa or Volsons job to double Myles but nope. Both those guys blocked other guys and Karras was easily beaten.

That’s not Karras’s fault. That’s a stupid ass coach trying to do stupid ass shit and at this point Pollack needs to be gone. He’s turning guys who were great in other places into pure bums and he doesn’t have even ONE lineman he can brag that he coached up. We’ve had alot of projects and even gave him a second rounder and that guy may be out the league here soon. Whatever scene we try to accomplish is either a bad one outright OR we don’t have the players to run it, OR our playcalling is so trash that we are so predictable ANY plays we call will fail because the D could guess what we were doing.

I was guessing plays yesterday myself and i was right most the time. If Trayveon was in we were passing. Think he rushed twice. Same as Evans. With Mixon in we at least a little less predictable but we still ran every 1st down and it was the same zone run to the right almost every time. I can only assume that was an option run where Mixon could pick to go inside or outside but the Browns weren’t giving up inside runs so every one went outside the tackle and the Browns literally ate they shit up.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 03:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Torn ACL & MCL.

That sucks. Game 1, you gotta hate that for anyone.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Didn't Burrow get hit like a millions times the past 2 years when we made the SB and the AFC Championship game?  I'm not saying I want Burrow to get smacked around like one of the Three Stooges who isn't Moe, but we can do stuff without protecting him so far. 

So far.

How many seasons will we be able to be that successful without protecting him?

How many years will be taken off Burrow's career if he keeps taking that many hits?

Has it ever been THIS bad?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 04:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How many seasons will we be able to be that successful without protecting him?

How many years will be taken off Burrow's career if he keeps taking that many hits?

Has it ever been THIS bad?

What's going on Brad? Just six days ago you started a thread about how the OL has drastically IMPROVED.  Don't jump ship now, man.  
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 04:40 PM)Nepa Wrote: What's going on Brad? Just six days ago you started a thread about how the OL has drastically IMPROVED.  Don't jump ship now, man.  

LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 04:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: Man, you guys have had some terrible luck with injuries the last few years. Hoping for the same. Rock On

I honestly read that you were hoping they continue to have terrible luck with injuries. LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
LOL, in his press conference, Zac was asked about the tape. Im paraphrasing here, but Zac: “We make our adjustments and move on to Baltimore”.

Bahahahaha, called it. I kind of like it that they don’t want to dwell on that performance.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 04:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I honestly read that you were hoping they continue to have terrible luck with injuries. LOL

He said he was a Ravens fan, not Stoolers.... Mellow  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 04:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I honestly read that you were hoping they continue to have terrible luck with injuries. LOL

....but I had to edit it to make sure. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 04:00 PM)Housh Wrote: We had Garrett 1 on 1 with Karras one time and i immediately thouhht it was Cappa or Volsons job to double Myles but nope. Both those guys blocked other guys and Karras was easily beaten.

That’s not Karras’s fault. That’s a stupid ass coach trying to do stupid ass shit and at this point Pollack needs to be gone. He’s turning guys who were great in other places into pure bums and he doesn’t have even ONE lineman he can brag that he coached up. We’ve had alot of projects and even gave him a second rounder and that guy may be out the league here soon. Whatever scene we try to accomplish is either a bad one outright OR we don’t have the players to run it, OR our playcalling is so trash that we are so predictable ANY plays we call will fail because the D could guess what we were doing.

I was guessing plays yesterday myself and i was right most the time. If Trayveon was in we were passing. Think he rushed twice. Same as Evans. With Mixon in we at least a little less predictable but we still ran every 1st down and it was the same zone run to the right almost every time. I can only assume that was an option run where Mixon could pick to go inside or outside but the Browns weren’t giving up inside runs so every one went outside the tackle and the Browns literally ate they shit up.

Myles garret, on that play was pretending to dribble a basketball through his legs before blowing by Karras. So little respect, but he is a top 5 defender in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 04:54 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Myles garret, on that play was pretending to dribble a basketball through his legs before blowing by Karras. So little respect, but he is a top 5 defender in the NFL.

I so hate that they nailed that #1 pick. I guess it could have been worse, they could’ve taken Mahomes.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 04:40 PM)Nepa Wrote: What's going on Brad? Just six days ago you started a thread about how the OL has drastically IMPROVED.  Don't jump ship now, man.  

(09-11-2023, 04:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL

Because every measure said that we had improved but it looked as bad as it's been since Burrow got here, which is saying a lot.
Reply/Quote