Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
“R-E-L-A-X, We’re on to Baltimore”
I think what's scary about the AR situation is that he battled the same calf issue to that leg as Burrow is going through and it may have led to the Achilles tear. When Burrow went down everyone thought that it was the Achilles.

Calf injuries can turn into Achilles tears if not careful or not fully hilled.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
You could see Rodgers' foot on that play and tell the Achilles was being overstretched. It had nothing to do with a calf muscle..
Reply/Quote
They've already analyzed all that and the two are connected. Did you see his calf? That was one of the big signs something was seriously wrong.

Basic anatomy.

Also one of the reasons the concern was Burrow injured his Achilles even though he was rubbing his calf when he went down.

It should be noted. Especially with Rodgers calf injury that he fought through and struggled with, with that same leg.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 02:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: They've already analyzed all that and the two are connected. Did you see his calf? That was one of the big signs something was seriously wrong.

Basic anatomy.

Also one of the reasons the concern was Burrow injured his Achilles even though he was rubbing his calf when he went down.

So you're arguing the reason Rodgers tore his achilles is because of his calf???
Reply/Quote
I'm not arguing anything. I'm stating basic anatomy and what's already been long discussed about the Rodgers injury and the calf muscle and Achilles tendon, and his struggle with the calf injury.

Just something to note if Burrow's calf isn't 100% how that can lead to other issues.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 02:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You could see Rodgers' foot on that play and tell the Achilles was being overstretched. It had nothing to do with a calf muscle..

Calf is attached to the Achilles' so if it's being overstretched so is the calf...
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 02:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: They've already analyzed all that and the two are connected. Did you see his calf? That was one of the big signs something was seriously wrong.

Basic anatomy.

It should be noted. Especially with Rodgers calf injury that he fought through and struggled with, with that same leg.

Rodgers' achilles tear was caused by dorsiflexion that exceeded the range of mobility of his achilles which caused it to pop. That isn't really related to his calf injury. This is a pretty common way to tear it and is exactly how I tore mine back in June. I'm currently nearing the end of physical therapy, thankfully. Calf injuries can put you at a greater risk of an achilles injury, but I don't think it matters here. He likely would have torn his achilles whether he had that calf injury or not. His foot got caught and then dorsiflexed up too far which popped it. 

Here is an article that talks about it some. One of the doctors doesn't think his calf injury had anything to do with it.

Link.

Quote:Could previous calf injuries have contributed? Dr. Nigel Hsu of Johns Hopkins says, “I have personally seen patients who’ve had some calf injury and then later had an Achilles rupture.” But he watched the video of Rodgers’s injury and says, “His foot got caught, and the ankle dorsiflexed [the backward bending and contracting of your foot], so the calf strain was probably not related.”
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 02:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Dawand Jones came in and stoned everyone.

Yep. He or Washington shouod have been the Rd3 pick instead of Battle. 

But beside the Battle & Carman picks, ZT has been a darn good drafter after 2019. And maybe Battle does get it together. Waaaay early. 
Reply/Quote
RELAX, we're on to Rams.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 07:22 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Rodgers' achilles tear was caused by dorsiflexion that exceeded the range of mobility of his achilles which caused it to pop. That isn't really related to his calf injury. This is a pretty common way to tear it and is exactly how I tore mine back in June. I'm currently nearing the end of physical therapy, thankfully. Calf injuries can put you at a greater risk of an achilles injury, but I don't think it matters here. He likely would have torn his achilles whether he had that calf injury or not. His foot got caught and then dorsiflexed up too far which popped it. 

Here is an article that talks about it some. One of the doctors doesn't think his calf injury had anything to do with it.

Link.

Can they wear anything to stop it from dorsiflexing at all and limiting movement on the football field?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:52 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Can they wear anything to stop it from dorsiflexing at all and limiting movement on the football field?
Yeah, it's called a cast.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:52 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Can they wear anything to stop it from dorsiflexing at all and limiting movement on the football field?

You can wear an ankle brace that provides more stability but dorsiflexion is just a common movement while running around and moving in general. It just becomes a problem when you exceed the range of motion you have, like Rodgers did. 
Reply/Quote