Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
“R-E-L-A-X, We’re on to Baltimore”
(09-11-2023, 05:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because every measure said that we had improved but it looked as bad as it's been since Burrow got here, which is saying a lot.

You can’t be serious. We saw games where Burrow was sacked 9x, 5x, etc. And games where Mixon couldn’t even sniff 4+ ypc. They weren’t particularly good yesterday, but we’ve seen MUCH worse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 05:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I so hate that they nailed that #1 pick. I guess it could have been worse, they could’ve taken Mahomes.

Mahomes wouldn’t have amounted to what we see today. Yes, better than anything the browns have had in 25 years, but not MVP.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 05:24 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Mahomes wouldn’t have amounted to what we see today. Yes, better than anything the browns have had in 25 years, but not MVP.

Obviously taking Mahomes would have changed certain things but him on this current Browns team (even minus Garret) with Chubb, that OL, those DB’s would be a legit contender.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 04:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How many seasons will we be able to be that successful without protecting him?

How many years will be taken off Burrow's career if he keeps taking that many hits?

Has it ever been THIS bad?

Ida know, Burrow has been hit a million times and he still signed a long term deal here so I guess he's got the confidence he can handle it.  When was the last time we had a good o-line?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 05:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know, Burrow has been hit a million times and he still signed a long term deal here so I guess he's got the confidence he can handle it.  When was the last time we had a good o-line?

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 05:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You can’t be serious. We saw games where Burrow was sacked 9x, 5x, etc. And games where Mixon couldn’t even sniff 4+ ypc. They weren’t particularly good yesterday, but we’ve seen MUCH worse.

Burrow wasn't sacked as much, but he only had 82 yards passing with the long being like 12 yards.

Just because he wasn't sacked as much, doesn't mean the line wasn't as bad as it's ever been.

How many times was he hit or rushed to throw?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 05:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Burrow wasn't sacked as much, but he only had 82 yards passing with the long being like 12 yards.

Just because he wasn't sacked as much, doesn't mean the line wasn't as bad as it's ever been.

How many times was he hit or rushed to throw?

Dude literally looked like he’s never thrown a football before. That’s not on the OL. It’s ok to put this one squarely on 9.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 05:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know, Burrow has been hit a million times and he still signed a long term deal here so I guess he's got the confidence he can handle it.  When was the last time we had a good o-line?

I mean he wasn't going to hold out and leave the team. He knows that money's the bottom line.

I think he signed thinking that, they're making me the highest paid ever, so they'll definitely invest in protecting me, right?

I hope we just sink all kinds of money into it in the offseason and they improve or Burrow finds a way to win without getting crippled worse than I am.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 05:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I hope we just sink all kinds of money into it in the offseason and they improve or Burrow finds a way to win without getting crippled worse than I am.

They already have a top 5 paid OL.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/offensive-line/

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 05:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dude literally looked like he’s never thrown a football before. That’s not on the OL. It’s ok to put this one squarely on 9.

It's always a good time for this reference:

[Image: garo2qdasz.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 05:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's always a good time for this reference:

[Image: garo2qdasz.gif]

We would also have accepted Gus Frerotte throwing a left-handed pass, also in Cleveland.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's a brilliant season long game plan..... Taylor is just doing the "Rope a Dope." While teams like the Ratbirds are coming out swinging, losing all their best players to injury, the Bengals are just ducking and dodging, letting the rest wear themselves down, then they'll come out with the knockout punches. Tiger  Tiger  Tiger

Too much dope, not enough rope yesterday though.
Reply/Quote
Ronnie Staley and Tyler Linderbaum are week to week with injuries. LaMar was sacked 4 times yesterday. They will also be without starting safety Marcus Williams and cornerback Marlon Humphrey

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 04:00 PM)Housh Wrote: We had Garrett 1 on 1 with Karras one time and i immediately thouhht it was Cappa or Volsons job to double Myles but nope. Both those guys blocked other guys and Karras was easily beaten.

That’s not Karras’s fault. That’s a stupid ass coach trying to do stupid ass shit and at this point Pollack needs to be gone. He’s turning guys who were great in other places into pure bums and he doesn’t have even ONE lineman he can brag that he coached up. We’ve had alot of projects and even gave him a second rounder and that guy may be out the league here soon. Whatever scene we try to accomplish is either a bad one outright OR we don’t have the players to run it, OR our playcalling is so trash that we are so predictable ANY plays we call will fail because the D could guess what we were doing.

I was guessing plays yesterday myself and i was right most the time. If Trayveon was in we were passing. Think he rushed twice. Same as Evans. With Mixon in we at least a little less predictable but we still ran every 1st down and it was the same zone run to the right almost every time. I can only assume that was an option run where Mixon could pick to go inside or outside but the Browns weren’t giving up inside runs so every one went outside the tackle and the Browns literally ate they shit up.

Myles garret, on that play was pretending to dribble a basketball through his legs before blowing by Karras. So little respect, but he is a top 5 defender in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 07:50 PM)pally Wrote: Ronnie Staley and Tyler Linderbaum are week to week with injuries.  LaMar was sacked 4 times yesterday. They will also be without starting safety Marcus Williams and cornerback Marlon Humphrey

And JK Dobbins who is out for the year
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 07:50 PM)pally Wrote: Ronnie Staley and Tyler Linderbaum are week to week with injuries.  LaMar was sacked 4 times yesterday. They will also be without starting safety Marcus Williams and cornerback Marlon Humphrey

That team gets destroyed by injuries seemingly every year.
Reply/Quote
Speaking of R-E-L-A-X. Looks like it might suk to be a NYJ fan right now.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Speaking of R-E-L-A-X. Looks like it might suk to be a NYJ fan right now.

Brutal. They just brought the cart over to the tent.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Speaking of R-E-L-A-X. Looks like it might suk to be a NYJ fan right now.

Yea, no kidding. Even if the jets miraculously win… this probably sets them back over the first quarter of the season.
Reply/Quote

It would be something if Zach Wilson decided to become a good qb, they go undefeated.. and he plays well. when rodgers returns, qb controversy.

ESPN would be more miserable to listen to than it already is.
Reply/Quote